You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Candle Problems.  (Read 595 times)

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Candle Problems.
« on: January 07, 2021, 03:08:08 PM »
I might like candles too much.

As a result of this, I sometimes use them as internal decorations. You get a candle, you use the candle on the floor, and it becomes a candle on the floor.
You can then use the candle to light or unlight it, or pick it back up again.

All is well so far.

However, if you use the candle on the floor in a rental property, [specifically novacks, in this case.] post reset the candle becomes a permenent unmovable fixture in the room. You can interact with it still, however no dialogue menu appears, you just turn it off or on accordingly, there is no longer a way to pick it back up for move it.

This has been a recent change, within the last two patches, I believe. Previously the candles would behave as normal through resets. [Or at least they would in the governor hotel.]

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
Re: Candle Problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »
To my knowledge, placables like chairs and tables and bookcases have acted like this for a long time: after a reset, you can no longer deconstruct them with the carpenter's kit. Only destroy them with physical force.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Serina Rhea

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 11:02:36 PM »
We are actually having a similar problem with a picnic basket that's invited itself for a prolonged stay in our room.
I have considered asking the Dark Powers for it's removal, but currently more inclined to keep it as a research subject to study it's stubborn immunity to all magical and physical forces.
If the DC is reasonable, might be able to craft picnic basket armors for everyone ^-^ b

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 11:05:41 PM »
Yeah, there's no way around this. If crafted placeables are to retain their "properties" then it means storing more information and thus less placeables per area.