Author Topic: Hexblade Creation Alignment Issue  (Read 579 times)

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
Hexblade Creation Alignment Issue
« on: December 31, 2020, 12:17:03 AM »
Where: IN character creation for hexblade

when: in character creation for hexblade

what: when making a hexblade character the default alignment is chaotic good, and the 'recommended' alignment is lawful good
both of these are not compatible with anything hexblade related.  It is fully possible to create a character with these wrong alignments, however when you get into the new-character room you cannot level up hexblade as your alignment is good and presumably cannot use hexblade abilities

recreate: make a character, it doesn't have to be finished to see the alignments mess up, this only occurs with the hexblade class.  Testing this with both barbarian and monk, both of these do not get a wrong alignment

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Hexblade Creation Alignment Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »
I didn't think it'd let you create; unfortunately there's no way to fix this since it's hardcoded but I'll add a failsafe in-game to prevent people from bugging their characters.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 01:06:27 PM »
The recommend feature was created with the single player campaign in mind, so it is tailored specifically for ease of creating a character to play based on the content of the campaign that the game came with. It shouldn't be used for multiplayer, it has much more chance of hindering your experience in multiplayer than anything else.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 12:28:12 AM »
This should now be fixed so the alignment is changed to Neutral from Good with a message sent to the player.