Author Topic: spawning at wrong location?  (Read 433 times)

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
spawning at wrong location?
« on: December 30, 2020, 12:49:48 PM »

So after much hard ordeal I made it back to the outskirts and vallaki from the mist village/Tser pool.

Earlier today I entered the sewers to hunt som rats. Had to log out and did so beside one of the ladders leading up to the surface.
After an hour or so I relogged i to the game to continue play but then my character spawned at the mist village/tser pool again.

Character name: Marrent Arghivius.

Calad

• Champion of the Eternal Dawn
  • Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
Re: spawning at wrong location?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »
The game has a system to save your character from dying to enemies spawned around you when you log in.

If you log out in a dungeon, or close to a creature spawn area, ((sewers spawn rats, so in this situation you logged out where rats will spawn in close proximity to your character)) when you log back in, the game teleports you to your latest safe location to save you from being killed when you are unprepared!
Long live the Count, Strahd von Zarovich XI!

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
Calad has the right of it, so long as the area has reset since you were last in it. This can be stopped by people passing through and delaying the reset. Best practice is to rent an inn room or sleep in a safe location once you get where you're going.
Vicerimus Mortem.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »

Aha!

Thank you both!