Author Topic: Spell Failure Not Removing  (Read 735 times)

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Spell Failure Not Removing
« on: December 27, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »
The spell failure brought on by exhaustion doesn't seem to be removing itself when exhaustion is cleared. The spell failure WILL go away with a rest, though.
"No, you." -Captain America

zDark Shadowz

Re: Spell Failure Not Removing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
This can happen when your constitution is fluctuating over the threshold.

If you are exhausted, then rage up over that point, and the exhaustion ticks below what the threshold was before, then when rage ends since the check for going from a point higher than the threshold to lower than it was never done it doesn't register that exhaustion needed to be removed.

24 threshold, 27 points at exhausted, rage over that 27 points to a higher threshold, if the exhaustion points drop below 24 before rage ends it'll be stuck.

But yes resting is the way to fix it.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 08:42:34 PM »
This can happen when your constitution is fluctuating over the threshold.

If you are exhausted, then rage up over that point, and the exhaustion ticks below what the threshold was before, then when rage ends since the check for going from a point higher than the threshold to lower than it was never done it doesn't register that exhaustion needed to be removed.

24 threshold, 27 points at exhausted, rage over that 27 points to a higher threshold, if the exhaustion points drop below 24 before rage ends it'll be stuck.

But yes resting is the way to fix it.

Wasn't raging, wasn't buffed, hadn't buffed constitution.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 10:02:40 PM »
I think it just updates the actual debuffs at a slightly different time to the message displays. The movement slow, attack decrease, and spell failure sometimes comes in for me before the message, and sometimes they go away before the message.

Though I don't think I ever saw it say, "you are no longer exhausted" and then still have the negative effects. How long did you wait? I noticed the sync was only off by 30 seconds to a minute at most. If you waited longer than that, there's probably a bug, and I think I might have experienced it unknowingly up to this point too.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 10:19:43 PM »
I think it just updates the actual debuffs at a slightly different time to the message displays. The movement slow, attack decrease, and spell failure sometimes comes in for me before the message, and sometimes they go away before the message.

Though I don't think I ever saw it say, "you are no longer exhausted" and then still have the negative effects. How long did you wait? I noticed the sync was only off by 30 seconds to a minute at most. If you waited longer than that, there's probably a bug, and I think I might have experienced it unknowingly up to this point too.

Had to have been about 5 minutes after I ticked back down from threshold.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 10:27:56 PM »
Yeah, I never had to wait anywhere near that long, so my guess is out.  :shock:
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.