You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Re: We fought for your freedom, help us fight for ours!  (Read 653 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: We fought for your freedom, help us fight for ours!
« on: December 24, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »
**Set beside these letters is another in simple parchment shielded with bark**

I apologize ahead of time to the writer of these letters and the Gunderkite folk who may take offense of this. Its not in my interests to hinder or bother you but in the hopes to avoid circumstances I think it should be clarified what your asking and what you are stating. First do not say Ezra Bless when your requesting the aid to violence through solares  it kind of goes against those of the faithful church of Ezra to seek or act upon violence less it is in defense of her charges and her church. Kudos to those of the Black Army who fought to defend the people of Dementlieu in their time of need in defense of their nation such an act of selflessness to aid given the circumstances of your people is noble. However your not asking for assistance in defense of your nation your asking to help in taking back a nation that was already lost long ago to invade an already civilized nation. Their are numerous ways to reclaim your freedom some with out having to reclaim your lands and doing so with out additional bloodshed to your oppressors' or yourselves. Will the Black Army do onto Barovia as it has done on to those of Gundarak? Has the years of oppressions made bitter that the lives of those innocent not even your own should also suffer? Would you be like your oppressors'? How are the people of Barovia being treated under your new rule? If opposed by good nature people protecting the innocent what will you do to those saving lives? These are important questions to know to verify if your cause is justified for if you are no better than the Fuhrer or Strahd then what are you as a nation?

Yes, the history of your people is heart breaking. Any lost in war is heart wrenching but you have survived and many of you remain alive thus far. You are free as you are willing to be free. If not for the chains of hatred you could be free now but you chose to wear those shackles and march on. I know you may feel I am foolish and know nothing of your people and its suffering. But, I have Gunderkite friends I have listened to them in their deepest of pains and beseeching for aid and each who walked the path as you do now are now either dead or so far gone their road is no longer noble. I apologize for reminding folk of the past but do recall Duke Jozef whose very similar Need caused havoc in Barovia for not just the people, outlanders, and foreigners alike he is a good example of how far hatred can even transcend the mortal coil and I doubt any would wish that path of unlife. Nor the reminder of how those of Gunderkite Rebels who were so adamant in their belief in ruining Vallaki their bombings wounded Outlander and Innocent folk alike as they wage a war on the Burgomasters Garda. This last I can attest as I was victim to the bombings' trying to stop the young Gunderkite woman from sacrificing her life only to be caught in the explosion and witness the after math in bitter survival. So I'm well aware such methods and reaches your people will go on this Road so I must ask you to find other methods and ways.

So I say to you all of Ezrite belief to remember this. Violence only Begets Violence. To aid those in the need of violence will only bring you sorrow. Aid the people of Gunderkite with food and medicine and Succor. But, stave off donations of money and other gifts that would encourage violence. Know Zeidenberg was conquered by them and know the trouble the Church of Ezra must have gone through to witness the wanton shedding of blood in the name of violence. So I beseech those folk of this land to consider would you allow one aid of foreign body to the Fuhrer and not consider them enemy? Would you solemnly permit knowing one of your own or foreigner offer aid to your enemy in the act to harm your brothers, sisters, family, and friends? I do not side with Barovia but as advance as Dementlieu has become would you allow yourselves to be part of battle that you yourself had only defended against but a year ago? Invasion is not something to take likely and though these people deserve their freedom there must be a better way than the means of war. So I ask those of Ezran faith and the populace to not offer donations of solares or aids to war but Food and Medicine for that is what the body needs most in trying times.

Remember destruction upon destruction is but more destruction it will bring nothing but misery and pain for all those who attend a funeral never ending. Decide for yourselves your choices you are your own in your beliefs but I will leave you with this last bit of wisdom. "For Evil to Win is for good people to do nothing. Yet let the act of good become twisted and you rise to become wicked as the very thing you hate."
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: Re: We fought for your freedom, help us fight for ours!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 03:39:02 PM »
*Set beside the flyers another in typecast and simple parchment*

They fought for your freedoms and ask you to take it from others.

Thr Black Army of Gundarak fought bravely for Dementlieu against the Falkovnians . Now they ask for you to donate to their cause. Who will donate to the Barovian cause? Several families are wounded, lost, in need after the battle of Zeidenberg.

Donations of food, water, and Solares all go to these distraught families misplaced by war. Help these lives who have been afflicted by Gunderkite terrorism. All interested parties should bring donations to the Church of Ezra so they may aid those suffering souls caught in this brewing war.

Ezra Bless

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 05:42:17 PM »
**Another letter was put up. The moment it had it was taken down after the the other two letters were taken down.**

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 03:02:37 PM »
*one more a brown coated individual attempts to place up a lette cautiously avoiding gnomes, noble teachers, and occasionally nosey parkers**

"To my friend whom says I am misguided. I am willing to speak with you if you like. Bring your lord's parchments for me to read. And let us discuss this as men of intellect. Sincerely yours. Barovian."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 03:31:24 PM »
** the papers above are refeshed and place by theblamp posts by the Terrace and at the Black Army Training grounds.**