You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: An Open Letter from the Dame d'Estellier| Quartier Marchand | Quartier Ouvrier  (Read 639 times)

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
[Over the course of a single night, dozens of typecast printed copies of an open letter are widely distributed to every street corner of the Quartiers Ouvrier and Marchand bearing the Trade Seal of Martineau Maritime Acquisitions & Shipping Concern...]

My Fellow Citizens,

I write an open later in plain condemnation of the actions of one Monsieur Felix Touré, the self-proclaimed leader of the, 'Quartier Watch,' and the self-proclaimed elector of the Quartier Ouvrier's false government. I will state, in no unmistakable detail, the immorality of the actions of this man, and the utter cowardice he displays in his actions against true-blooded Dementlieuse who desire not to spill another drop of our own nation's blood.

I ask you, Citizen, to look upon Monsieur Felix Touré. When Falkovnia invaded the East, threatening to take all from us once again, what did he do? He rebuked the Provisional Government of Dementlieu, and turned to doing nothing more than barricading the Quartier Ouvrier in some false attempt to assure stability, and protection. Protection from whom? Yourselves? From we, Dementlieuse?

No, I say. Monsieur Felix Touré does not provide an answer to your plight. Monsieur Felix Touré does not fight for the protection of this Country, Monsieur Felix Touré raises arms against the august souls such as the Baron de Mouisset and Maitresse Vaillant, who served with distinction, honor, and grace in preventing the horrors of Falkovnia from ever reaching the shining, crown jewel of Dementlieu. No, Monsieur Felix Touré does not protect your rights. It is due to men such as the Baron de Mouisset, and women such as the Maitresse Vaillant that he may deign to hold the diluted opinion of insurrection at all! This man did not fight for your freedom, or your safety. This man hid like a coward, dodged the national draft, played and still plays, "Baron d'Ouvrier," in his own petty civil war with no design, and no end. This man deigns to raise you to arms against the very men and women who bled and suffered to protect your freedom, and your liberties, whom desire you no harm, to seek no further the deepening of this festering wound of division in our war-torn République.

Monsieur Felix Touré desired neither to support the restoration of the Council of Brilliance, nor the rule of the Provisional Government. He seeks none but anarchy, and his mistress is suffering. Would you raise a hand in his name, knowing what those august souls he has longingly assailed, not merely today, but in the past as well, have endured during the unspeakable horrors at Ameranthe, for YOUR ability to hold an opinion?

I, for one, should know that Monsieur Felix Touré would be suffering a very different fate at the hands of Falkovnians, were it not for the actions of war heroes such as the Baron de Mouisset and the Maitresse Vaillant. Both shot, for their deeds, by the very people they fought to protect from unspeakable horrors beyond imagination.

Consider, Citizen. Is THIS true justice?

Pour la République,

Alix Sinclair Martineau,
Dame d'Estellier

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:45:39 PM by BraveSirRobin »

Sovereign Citoyen

• New to the Mists
  • Am I being detained?
An Excrement Spattered letter from the Dame d'Estellier
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:55:21 PM »
[Centrally located in the Ouvrier, a collection of tissue paper has been gathered near a local latrine. A nearby sign reads "Free Privy Paper". Some residents have taken the charity gratefully.]

//placed in game