Author Topic: The characters in one of my accounts are gone  (Read 808 times)

Troukk

• Dark Power
The characters in one of my accounts are gone
« on: November 27, 2020, 03:06:49 PM »
Greetings!

I wanted to come back and play. I have two accounts in game: troukk and Troukk

Logged into both to see what characters I had to unshelf, I even logged into one of the chars of the first account (troukk)

Now if I try to log into the account troukk, the character list is empty. If I try to log into the account Troukk, all characters are there.

I need help to access my chars in the account troukk, where most of my relevant characters are.

Thank you very much!
Not all who wander are lost.

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: The characters in one of my accounts are gone
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 03:12:50 PM »
UPDATE:

Now all the characters of the account in upper case "Troukk" are gone as well.

It happened after I logged into one of them, and then chose to log out before releveling the character.

Note that I could see the character list all the time as long as I didn't log into any of the chars. But as soon as I did and logged out, the character list was gone. Same thing that happened with the account that was in lower case: "troukk".

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
UPDATE:

Ok, now I can see my character list, and I think I know what is going on. My account has been compromised and someone is logging in my characters without my permission. I need to contact a staff member ASAP.

Asous

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 03:33:19 PM »
Characters should be locked if someone not on an authorised CD key tries to play - at least until you use the login command.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
I'm guessing someone somehow learned my login command. Why is why I need staff help. I don't know how to fix this.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 04:08:31 PM »
If someone logged on your character, they wouldn't be able to do anything unless they have the password you set on character creation, the only thing they should be able to do is talk for now. Sit tight, I'll forward the issue to the people who can handle this in the administration team.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 05:10:31 PM »
UPDATE:

DM Dread helped me out and there was definitely some funny business going on. He will bring what we found to the appropiate instances.

If you guys need more info from me, its probably easier to find me on discord: Troukk#1430

Cheers.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »
Something nearly identical occured to me. I even saw my own character in the character list online. Someone is logging into our characters for sure. I was not where I logged out and I had even been relevelled strangely. I fixed it with the crystal and it doesn't seem like anything was stolen so idk what the purpose was.