You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Door to room 2 in the Drain not blocking sight.  (Read 1361 times)

Favee

• Undead Master
Door to room 2 in the Drain not blocking sight.
« on: November 25, 2020, 01:47:51 PM »
Where:
Drain room 2 front door.

What:
When the door is closed, players are able to see both in and out of the room.  As well as listen to conversations being spoken within the room.  The side room does not have the same problem.

Thanks!

Discord: Favee#4934

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
Re: Door to room 2 in the Drain not blocking sight.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »
It also happens in various other places as well (e.g. Room 3 and Anubis temple) where if you are angled in a certain way you are capable to witness creatures or PCs on the other side.

Dardonas

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 12:36:07 AM »
So, this issue is actually worse for room 2 than it is for any of the other rooms in the Drain in what I've seen.  There is a massive exploitable area of vulnerability that allow people to see dialogue through walls where they clearly shouldn't be able to. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 12:38:42 AM by Dardonas »

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
There is almost no difference between when the door is shut, and open as for who can see inside and "listen in" to whats being said.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »
There is almost no difference between when the door is shut, and open as for who can see inside and "listen in" to whats being said.

All doors do this for a short period of time. You need to either whisper or wait until enough time has passed that people outside can't hear you. Seems to be an engine thing.
: )

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 10:59:11 AM »

All doors do this for a short period of time. You need to either whisper or wait until enough time has passed that people outside can't hear you. Seems to be an engine thing.

This is a more permanent thing.  The door is always see-through.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »
Even when the server is restarted, the interior of Room 2 is always visible even before it's been opened for the first time. For the purposes of impeding vision and sound, the door acts as if permanently open. I expect there's no amount of time you could wait for it to start doing so.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Dardonas

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 11:03:16 AM »

Yeah, this isn't the same thing.  Even with a locked, closed door you can see into the room from various locations around it.  It's as if the walls were hardly there.  Technically I don't think it's seeing since everyone is translucent (indicating you're just hearing them), but you can hear conversations that aren't whispered and "see" every figure in the room.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »
Oh, that's incredibly weird.
: )

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 09:14:58 PM »
I'll fiddle with it, see if something can be done.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 08:46:32 PM »

As a note, this is fresh after reset, door hasn't been opened for me. All other areas are blacked out as they should be. So something is wrong. This also seems to be a new bug.

Dardonas

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 04:37:09 PM »
I'll fiddle with it, see if something can be done.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to have been fixed.  I tested it with another player and we were still able to see and hear through the walls.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 04:49:36 PM »
Could problem doors like these be "fixed" with an invisible placeable that blocks line of sight being placed in them 5 seconds after they are closed?

I'm sure anyone who wishes to exploit this for the sake of eavesdropping isn't going to hear much in the time it takes for people to walk from the door to the center of the room.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Dardonas

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 05:06:42 PM »
Could problem doors like these be "fixed" with an invisible placeable that blocks line of sight being placed in them 5 seconds after they are closed?

I'm sure anyone who wishes to exploit this for the sake of eavesdropping isn't going to hear much in the time it takes for people to walk from the door to the center of the room.

Unfortunately, this extends well from the door to center of the room.  Only the far right corner and the side room is safe.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 05:34:15 PM »
Well, the idea is that the placeable would be big enough to block line of sight through the door entirely. I don't know if placeables that block LOS exist, just had the idea since there are invisible placeables that block movement.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Dardonas

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 01:03:46 PM »
So, I don't believe it was possible to hear through the side room previously but now you can hear through the side room from the outside.  You don't see anyone, but their emotes are very much visible.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 10:20:26 PM »
I'll move the room to another location; it may or may not break the placeables there.

Dardonas

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 03:04:23 AM »
I'll move the room to another location; it may or may not break the placeables there.

This fix did help somewhat as I can no longer see occupants through the wall.  However, I can still see in the chat log emotes that aren't whispered when I'm outside the room, including the side room.  Perhaps it's an issue with the door type in the tileset?

Edit: Okay, I tested it again and it looks like after you're past a certain threshold from the door you can't see messages in the chat log.  The side room is also air tight as well, it just takes a few seconds after the door is locked and closed.

I think this fix will suffice for now, I appreciate it EO! 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:11:10 AM by Dardonas »