Author Topic: Enchanting Machine taking more exp than stated  (Read 416 times)

Somniatis

• New to the Mists
Enchanting Machine taking more exp than stated
« on: November 16, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »
Where: The basement of the university in Dementlieu, the room with said machine

When: Enchanted a pair of steel plated gargoyle hide gloves

What: When putting the gloves into the machine, it stated it would take 5000 exp to enchant them. After the process succeeded it took away 16000 exp, more than double the mentioned amount.

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/j10v7yp

Recreate: Try enchanting the same thing with another character, or perhaps any item if it's the machine in general

Ideas: Either it states the incorrect amount of exp it would take, or it takes more due to a bug I would assume. As for the cause I'm not sure if it's consistent with the machine, or simply due to the specific item in question.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 04:37:05 PM by Somniatis »

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
Re: Enchanting Machine taking more exp than stated
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:35:54 PM »
Right after Sarade , i went ahead to enchant my armor - it said 10k xp cost and took 15k.

(got screenshot)

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »
Not a bug, if the enchanting takes enough XP to downlevel you, it will state the full XP of the level, even though it does only take the amount it suggests.

Rest after the process, and it will still state you are far along in your level, if the downlevel did not take too much off.

Somniatis

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 04:54:35 PM »
Just enchanted another thing to be sure, and yes that seems to be the case. Appologies then, this thread can be closed.