You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Notices around Vallaki and Barovia  (Read 1604 times)

The Outlander Coalition

• New to the Mists
Notices around Vallaki and Barovia
« on: November 13, 2020, 02:42:02 AM »

Hypatia

• Undead Master
Re: Notices around Vallaki and Barovia
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 04:20:54 AM »
Not long after being distributed, these were picked up through the city.... though some may have been missed.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »
Soon, a familiar figure in the red-and-white tabard of the Templars and a full helmet emblazoned with a white cross is seen roaming Barovia and Vallaki. With trembling hands, he affixes and places notices of his own in strategic locations. A copy is even left beside the entrance to the Vallaki Citadel.

Upon closer inspection, each is handwritten, penned with neat but jagged letters, as if the writer were struggling with some sort of tremor of the hand. A spot of white wax stamped with the sigil of a knight chessman superimposed over a cross is left beside the signature on each, dispelling any doubt as to the author's identity.

//Placed in-game. Updated here with important details that wouldn't fit on the papers in-game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 11:21:27 AM by Famous Seamus »

Maverick

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • The Hanged Man
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 01:42:23 PM »
A man with a bushy mustache, wearing blue and white clothing and a breastplate, is seen picking up these fliers as he made his way around Vallaki. He is seen burning them in a campfire. He grumbles before moving on.
Active Characters: Zlokrov, Danut Solinescu
Closured: Dorin Ratislav, Matyas Kovacs, Razvan

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 11:59:55 PM »
Oddly, despite rumors that the broadsides had been removed, the figure in white and red finds several still where he originally placed them--untouched and unmoved--both in the city and around the land.

//Just a fair heads-up to all that several are still around in-game.

The Outlander Coalition

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 09:52:54 PM »
*New notices go up soon, though these are written in Balok, one such notice has been slipped under the Garda door*

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:54:48 PM by The Outlander Coalition »

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 11:59:39 PM »
In the early afternoon hours, the familiar figure in red and white is seen approaching the eastern gate of Vallaki from the fields beyond. He slows as he notices a paper tacked to the board beside the portal. Seeing that the note is in Balok, he shrugs, but then stops as if something catches his eye. With a trembling hand, he carefully removes it and proceeds into the city.

A few moments later, he accosts a group passing the other direction, showing them the paper. One in red and silver armor looks over it and exchanges hushed words with the figure in white and red. The latter's fists clench, but he cordially parts with the group.

Soon, he is dashing around the city in the pre-dusk hours, tearing down every one of the notices he sees. At one point, he reaches to remove a paper tacked to a signpost, then pauses with a chuckle as sees the drop of white wax and recognizes it as different--one of his own.

As dusk falls, he retires to the sanctuary in the outskirts, then emerges some time later and enters the city after dusk. Any slum-dweller looking from their window or doorway would spot him sliding a bundle of parchment under the guardhouse door.

//Events RPed in-game. Notices removed in game prior to server crash.

The Outlander Coalition

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 07:51:12 PM »
As soon as day breaks over Vallaki, new notices are out demanding justice once again.

Kamfrenchie

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 07:45:57 AM »
A message is scrawled over the notices, betraying some annoyance:

"there are no citizens in Barovia, only subjects. Cease your attempts to spark trouble, youare not even good at it."

It is not signed

macgruber

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 06:47:05 PM »
Notices written in natural Balok are found throughout the city. They carry the seal of Ser Andrej Lorick Lorovich Kross,
Commander and Prior of the Knights Templar. (A Cross and Raven with the letters SAALK below. all encircled by Balok and Latin)

"I, Ser Andrej Lorick Lorovich Kross, Commander of the Knights Templar of Vallaki,
can hold my tongue no longer against the vile lies spit by a coward that lurks in the shadows.

Never, have I given order to take up arms against the Garda.|
My father, Grigor Lorovich was a soldier. He fought for your homes.

You have seen me. Bringing food to the poor. I stand in the daylight.|
Who pens in secret?
Lurks about at night placing their lies at thy doorsteps?
Is this the way of sturdy folk? Or a snake?

This is no Barovian. None in Vallaki call me “Lorick.” I am “Andrej.”

Come from the shadows, coward.
Walk in the light. Stand within arms length of me and spit thy venom.
Or else show thyself to the people that you wish to sway with your lies."