Author Topic: Sithicus Transitions  (Read 1077 times)

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Sithicus Transitions
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:30:33 PM »
Each and every one of the fading black transitions in Sithicus seems to be causing the game to crash. The area loads, everything goes black, nothing happens. Had a party of 6, it happened to at least 5 of us every transition.
"No, you." -Captain America

King Pickle

• Undead Master
Re: Sithicus Transitions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 11:56:22 AM »
Happens to me and others was well.
To clarify, the game doesn't crash but leaves the screen permanently black after the transition and the only fix is to relog.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 04:34:32 AM »
I havent had any issues since I started playing again, so not happening to everyone (been to sithicus a dozen times or more this last week). I'll chime in if it occurs on my routine sithicus trips though.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 05:39:49 AM »
Correction: I am experiencing this as well, but only on the "mist transitions" in the Tale of Misery Areas. Past that and around the city, all work properly for me.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 03:45:54 AM »
Same with me as well, Black Screen need to relog.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 11:14:30 AM »
I'm really surprised more people have not reported this yet since the whole group I was with last night was having the issue and it was hinted at that this had been an issue and was hoping to be fixed in the coming update. In all the transitions in Sithicus that you walk through the mists and not a true transition you click on... at the end of the load screen you cant see anything. I mean like... anything at all. You cant see your hotbars or anything. You can however hear things around you so you did make it through transition and you can watch other people stand there realizing this. What ends up happening is everyone in a group has to go through and after loading in relog every single one of those transitions and it will fix it. This can be a dozen times on a trip. Maybe more with back tracking.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 12:04:10 PM »
I'm really surprised more people have not reported this yet since the whole group I was with last night was having the issue and it was hinted at that this had been an issue and was hoping to be fixed in the coming update. In all the transitions in Sithicus that you walk through the mists and not a true transition you click on... at the end of the load screen you cant see anything. I mean like... anything at all. You cant see your hotbars or anything. You can however hear things around you so you did make it through transition and you can watch other people stand there realizing this. What ends up happening is everyone in a group has to go through and after loading in relog every single one of those transitions and it will fix it. This can be a dozen times on a trip. Maybe more with back tracking.
I'm surprised more people haven't said anything as well. This has been an issue for quite a while from what I've heard.
Considering how deadly Sithicus is, I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed, or even just acknowledged by a dev and/or DM.

Somniatis

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 01:57:58 PM »
I've encountered this issue as well, the entire group I recently went with did actually, but this was the first time it's ever been an issue on my end. Every transition that involves the mists taking you somewhere in Sithicus, upon loading, seem to just leave a black screen that so far appears to only be fixed by leaving the game and reentering. Before yesterday I've never encountered this issue with them, they usually loaded up fine, so I'm assuming a more recent update may have complicated it in some way (though whether server related or beamdog related I have no idea).

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 02:11:05 PM »
Thanks for the reports; found the issue and will fix it in my next update, likely along with the Hexblade update.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 03:42:16 PM »
Thanks for the reports; found the issue and will fix it in my next update, likely along with the Hexblade update.
Lovely to hear! Thanks EO!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 03:14:47 PM »
This should now be fixed.