Author Topic: Cleric Domains  (Read 478 times)

Ashbringer85

• New to the Mists
Cleric Domains
« on: November 04, 2020, 06:10:56 AM »
I was making a cleric of Shar at the start of the event and I had in mind taking the Death domain so she could summon a shadow, however turns out a cleric of Shar doesn't have access to death domain. This seems a bit silly seeing almost all Shades follow shar. So I started looking at other evil demons and devils aswell as deities to worship as an evil cleric and they all have the evil domain...except its not really the evil domain, its a necromancy domain misnamed IMO. Every spells is necromancy and it has almost none of the things evil domain has in PNP.

So would it be acceptable for people to be able to ask for domains that fit a god's lore/background to be added. An example would be devils, they get a diabolic domain that gives them hellfire so wouldn't it make sense they just got the closest thing on Ravenloft which would be fire?

Honestly I don't think Evil domain is good for anyone but necromancers on Ravenloft, problem is it covers about 1/3 of all deities. Many of which have no option but to take it and others just take anything but evil because it is always a better choice. A good example is Asmodeus who gets evil and law...well not sure when Asmodeus was ever a necromancer but I would argue knowledge would be more suitable...perhaps magic as well.

So would it be fair to let players ask for a domain to be added to a deity if they can give good reasons?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Cleric Domains
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:04:21 AM »
No, players must pick a domain that is officially supported by their deity and available. We may one day add more domains but for now you are limited to what's available and can't pick domains outside your cleric's deity's list.