Author Topic: Possessing Undead Minions  (Read 747 times)

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Possessing Undead Minions
« on: November 01, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »
If I steal undead minions who patrol using the [Other Person Three Command.] Then often I... Become subject to their random patrol movements myself, and my character helplessly wanders around the screen walking into walls without me touching anything.

This ends when I realase whichever monster I possed that caused it.

It does not occure when using ones I created, only when borrowing NPCs subject to random movement already.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Possessing Undead Minions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 07:58:18 PM »
This should now be fixed.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 08:14:07 AM »
Thanks Eo!

I will test whenever I next get the chance.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 09:32:45 AM »
I also experienced this with familiars. Tried to possess a familiar during combat and i had to keep it from running head on in melee (a pixie...) and let me use their skills and spells. I had to unsummon it cos it was unmanageable. This happened yesterday / 12hrs ago.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »
I also experienced this with familiars. Tried to possess a familiar during combat and i had to keep it from running head on in melee (a pixie...) and let me use their skills and spells. I had to unsummon it cos it was unmanageable. This happened yesterday / 12hrs ago.

That's unrelated; the behaviour Monika described was about henchmen, not creatures you take over. What you describe is normal behaviour if you haven't fully canceled what the familiar was doing.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 12:53:39 PM »
Yes, I'm specifically refering to the AMPC power to 'possess' [Add to party] pre-existing dungeon spawns, which then seemed to transfer their automated dungeon walk to the controlling AMPC causing me to randomly start walking around in irregular patterns for no apparent reason - The only way to stop this was to banish all the dungeon goons from my party.