Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Biographies

A Few Fang More - Colin Beauregard

(1/7) > >>

Cyber Viking:
NPC Family History
In a candle lit room, Ink finds paper bound within a small black notebook and a young man begins to write.

I have no clue what I'm doing.
Why I felt the need to write this is beyond me.
I guess it will come in handy some day?

Anyway. Its me Colin.... That was dumb I know its me its my notebook.
Hey you future Colin reading this, this is past Colin telling you about things you already know about your life, Maybe you just wanted to remember or think back on old times? I don't know but you're here now so..... Enjoy it, Or don't I don't care, its your problem. I'm in the past.

You remember how it was growing up. You would play down by the shores of Blaustien watching the ships come in. Picking up any old stick and pretending to be fighting off pirates and thieves, Sailing the Sea of Sorrow, Finding wealth and treasure beyond belief.
Who knew that that would become your life.

The pretending to be something your not part.
Not the life of wealth and sailing bit.

Well you did venture out when you turned ten, started as a cabin boy and slowly worked your way up to Boatswain before you were twenty.
You were always far better at providing the entertainment on The Hangman's Scream.
Singing Shanties, the late night comedy routine and your impersonations always went down a treat.
Lucky you had access to books and plundered knowledge for those long trips at sea.
Was a pretty nice life right up until Captain Valère Voltaire decided to retire and disband the crew.
No Idea where he went, Just sailed off with a few of the boys and the rest of the crew had to find new work, Haven't heard from him since.
Must be relaxing on some island somewhere.

Then it happened I guess.
Uncle Ludwig Beauregard found you.
Probably wasn't the best idea to run off with all his savings but I mean, that pompous Lamordian noble is hardly worth wasting breath over.
You were only there two nights before he was calling you a failure and unworthy just like his brother and your father.
Where else could you go, no crew and Mother ran off to Dementaliu after you were born.
I can understand why Dad left this fancy life, Rest in Peace André Beauregard.

Its not like Uncle Ludwig can chase you all around the core. Its not like he can stay mad at a five hundred thousand glutton forever....
Which you blew by staying at that brothel for over a year.
The ladies did love the same entertainment but well they need to earn a living as well so it would be rude of me to ask for discounts.
Its probably more that you slept with Uncle Ludwig's daughter.
I mean she's only your cousin by marriage, not like she's a blood relative or anything.
What was her name again?.....

The Brothel was a great place to hide, And being in Mordentshire there's no way he would think of finding you here.
But you heard he was in the district and before he could find you running was the only option.
Used the last of your coin to take that Vistanni caravan to Vallaki and now here we are.
You did hook up with a new crew fairly quickly.
You've done well laying low, not giving out the family name.
Last thing you need is that coming back to bite you.

So you know.... Don't screw this up.

Cyber Viking:
Upon the desk in a private room, a worn black notebook breathes fresh air and new ink seeps into the pages.

Well guess what you know our original plan of not screwing up, didn't go so well did it?

Don't get me wrong you did what you thought was right at the time, but maybe JUST MAYBE think things through before taking action and ask people who know more than you.

Seems pointless noting down all the adventures you had with your family. Just be happy that you're back and still breathing.

I mean after getting fired what could you do? You helped out as best you could but in the end you never had enough information to make an impact. And all that hard earned coin where did it go? yeap back into the Mordentshire brothel.

Look on the bright side it wasn't a year this time only .... 10 months. At least Mercy your favorite was there still, you can't deny those late nights her hot skin against yours, talking in forbidden tongues till all hours, and that elegant figure cast in pure blood red adorned with those ebony curved horns......tail....... what was I talking about....?

Oh yeah it wasn't a complete waste of time, she did offer perspective and council to give you the confidence to come back to Barovia..... or you just ran out of coin again and she wanted you to leave in the nicest of ways.

Regardless your back now and it's time to reclaim, redeem and re....re.... get rich again. Bonus you haven't been found by Uncle Ludwig yet.

So you know what to do.... Don't screw this up.

Cyber Viking:
Upon the lap of a tired man in a private room, a leather bound black notebook adorned with restored cover. Creeks and groans as ink drips from quill to page.

You know... this time... not so bad just minor screw ups doing well so far.

So that idea you had about barovia being a good place to start over..... Nu domn, nu bun tigan you make.

Bright side you did end up making your way to the bright side. Heh city of lights joke there. Seemed to be the only good thing you've done is sit your ass down, read a bunch and put that brain to use and TRY get yourself an education that wasn't taught at the tip of a sword.

That mock trial though, yea nice going on that one managed to get your completely innocent client charged with assault. Good job. You know next time think moron. The other side they are the enemy and anyone they put on that stand is against you and they are the guilty ones. But hey at least your client wasn't charged with murder or theft so you managed to not have them executed....... just lucky it was an exercise.

But hey you learned alot and then studied alot more on questioning. Better hope it pays off I mean you are only half way through your degree so make it count.

What ever happened to reclaim and redeem yeah that went out the window real quick. But when you had to announce that you were a Beauregard in front of the whole class.... WITH ANOTHER BEAUREGARD IN THE ROOM, you are skating on thin ice. Better hope these are your Dementalieusian cousins or what second cousins... who care just be thankful they aren't Uncle Ludwigs family.... well they are and technically yours too but you know what I mean they aren't in that direct of contact with the guy..... are they?

Just keep your head down, study up and hope for all high power that be that for once things go right and the Dement Beaus don't talk often with the Lamb Beaus.

Just get your degree and become a lawyer, seems people will need one sooner rather than later.

Take what your learnt at the mock trial and when you get to be in a real court...... Don't screw it up.

Cyber Viking:

Cyber Viking:
Aldous Hargreaves - Deceased
Spoiler: show

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version