Author Topic: Erratic behaviour of reputation/relation/friendly/hostile statuses  (Read 675 times)

Maffa

• Dark Power
I have been told that this is a issue potentially introduced by Beamdog, but id like to report it nonetheless.
It's like 3 weeks Im having issues with PCs and NPCs alike, by either having them hostile for no reason, or not being able to hostile them if i want to (and vice versa they couldn't do it on me)

- first i met a PC, i had her immediately hostile, she didn't hostile me, i didn't hostile her. I PM her, she was surprised as i was.
- secondly, i had a scene with a MPC, she had to turn hostile on me and i would have to turn myself hostile on her but we mutually couldn't, so we had to navigate thru the radial menu and attack each other manually
- lastly, the day after that, i have been randomly attacked by the Vallaki NPC Garda after standing all day on the outskirts turf RP XP farmchatting. In the evening i was alright, in the morning they turned on me. OCR 8, Radu still neutral. Situation defused by a PC Garda that moved me to the outlander faction/ he said I was probably faction hostile. No wanted/summons on me.

This is the report. No idea if anything can be done. Also, I would appreciate a guideline on how to behave if the garda NPC turns hostile for no reason. Iwas and am reasonably convinced it was due to a bug, so i wonder if could just disconnect or if i have to RP around the bug and make things potentially worse.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Re: Erratic behaviour of reputation/relation/friendly/hostile statuses
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »
I have been told that this is a issue potentially introduced by Beamdog, but id like to report it nonetheless.
It's like 3 weeks Im having issues with PCs and NPCs alike, by either having them hostile for no reason, or not being able to hostile them if i want to (and vice versa they couldn't do it on me)

- first i met a PC, i had her immediately hostile, she didn't hostile me, i didn't hostile her. I PM her, she was surprised as i was.
- secondly, i had a scene with a MPC, she had to turn hostile on me and i would have to turn myself hostile on her but we mutually couldn't, so we had to navigate thru the radial menu and attack each other manually
- lastly, the day after that, i have been randomly attacked by the Vallaki NPC Garda after standing all day on the outskirts turf RP XP farmchatting. In the evening i was alright, in the morning they turned on me. OCR 8, Radu still neutral. Situation defused by a PC Garda that moved me to the outlander faction/ he said I was probably faction hostile. No wanted/summons on me.

This is the report. No idea if anything can be done. Also, I would appreciate a guideline on how to behave if the garda NPC turns hostile for no reason. Iwas and am reasonably convinced it was due to a bug, so i wonder if could just disconnect or if i have to RP around the bug and make things potentially worse.

If you are walking around and lots of PCs and NPCs appear red, its usually advised to restart your client. As far as I know this has been a bug that has been around for a while, happening intermittently.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »
it happened so often in a very short period of time, so i thought to let people and the power-that-be know.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 06:53:42 PM »
Yup it will reliably happen if you don't restart NWN completely after each log in session.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »
This is a Beamdog issue so nothing to be done here. I'll move this to fixed.