Author Topic: Vallaki - Market District  (Read 31341 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Vallaki - Market District
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
Trade booms and goes well, much to the pleasure of the local merchants, even if some regard the "Outlander invasion" with a skeptical eye, specially the guards, who have increased their patrols around the district...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:39:59 PM by Deceit »

crallbri

• Undead Master
Re: Vallaki - Market District - Gossip
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
After months of receiving no word, no reports, no letters from loved ones, from soldiers who have been deployed to the west in the conquered land of Old Gundarak, fears and rumors begin to spread from village to village.  Some claim that anywhere from thirty to a hundred soldiers, the whole unit, has become entirely unaccounted for.  For the families of the missing, not knowing has fed their growing fears and worries.  Some fear that the Gundarakite revolutionary leader Ardonk Szerieza, and his “gypsy witch” from Invidia, Gabrielle Anderre, and their rebel forces are to blame.

A little finger...went to the lipless lips...of the bone masked face...'shhh…' it whispered into the dead man’s ear."

JironGhrad

• Dark Power
  • Sir Johnus: Senior Guard PC
    • Neverwinter Connections
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:16:04 PM »
While no official announcements have been made, the city officers appear unconcered about any lack of communication from the front.
Once more into the breach!

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 03:07:00 AM »
The air is dark, as the night sky envelopes Barovia tightly.  Madison stands with Finn near the statue of Strahd, watching her once close friend, take the whip to her back.   "So much blood.... so..... so much....." she thinks to herself. "dont go near it Madison.... dont go near it...."  She bites her lip till it bleeds, and the red liquid drips into her mouth.  She calms for a minute or two, then stares longingly again at Lucia.  Finn pulls her back away from it.... "Not here Maddie.... theres nothin' we can do...." he whispers to her.  "don't go getting yourself killed now..... theres nothing we can do."

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »
There is no great love between Barovians and Gundarakite, mind you, but there is at least three things that they do have in common; a strong, passionate distrust for outlanders; a crippling fear of magic, “the Devil’s gift,” and of course, dread and repulsion for the wretched caliban.  Today, there is a sense of urgency on the weathered cobble streets of Vallaki.   A restless hum of a hornets nest buzzes from within the mist; stinging whispers that abruptly fade at the first sight of an outlander.  Wary eyes in silent angry faces stare as they pass.  Then, as they slowly fade back into the fog, the hive begins to buzz, again.     

“Unheard of!  Outrageous!  Who coul’ even imagine such a thing, let alone go through wit’ it!?  A filthy nest of caliban given a truce by the Guard!  I did nay believe a word of it, none of us did!  How coul’ anyone in their righ’ mind entertain such foolish fancies?!  But then I heard it a second time, then a third time, an’ then…..”

The two elderly widows grow quiet, swatting at horseflies as a stubby legged dwarf waddles past.  He passes into the morning fog before they resume. 

“Nothn’ but evil can com’ from this.  Shame!  Disgraceful!   Naïve foolishness!  The Guard aint like they useta’ be, when common sense ruled the day.  Wha’ they do!  Let an’ outlanda take the reigns of the Guard?!”

Both women shook their heads and clicked their tongues in disapproval and shock.

Baboon

• Duke of the Wererats
  • Undead Slayer
  • Mundanely Epic
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 01:26:23 AM »
Word spreads of the Guards valliant deeds.  Jojan the Monster, a Caliban Witch, was captured by the Guards finest, and burned today, in the Market District!  Peasants and outlanders alike cheered at the killer.  Some folks even went so far as to pee on the burning body including (allegedly) Mila, an outlander, and Jimmy, a Fae, going so far to celebrate there joy as to do so in public.
Father Dallium Merrymead: Halfling Dawnmaster
Jojan d'Tharashk: Caliban Shadowdancer
Hreidmar: Priest of the Old Ways
Zeteny Czernok: Gundarakite Peasant

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
Notices outside the Broken Bell and on the announcement boards are seen.

Mordred

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 12:16:53 PM »
Rumors circulate that a young woman named Evelin has gone missing.  Her only family, a small time merchant, places a reward for any information concerning his beautiful and beloved daughter.

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 03:05:30 AM »
Rumors pass among the peasantry and merchant class that the Outlander smith known as Daev is seeking men and women of noble heart, it is said he is seeking to create some sort of order of those who would join him.

Sage - When stories come to life

eyeofpestilence

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »
There are whispers on the street that the smith Dorin Dolsborn carries a one of a kind steel longsword coated with silver. Word is the smith will also pay well for Coal Ore, Silver Ore and Silver Ingots.

Thanks DW!

Brother Humphrey

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »
A rumour starts circulating of a second, much shorter, and hairier, smith's recent display of another such silver and steel blade.  Word is that the dwarf is looking to expand on his gilding skills at the soonest opportunity, but that at present he does not appear to be willing to sell any silvered blades.  No mention has been made, yet, of a willingness to pay for supplies to further his aims.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 02:18:24 PM »
*left at the Broken Bell*

A simple but well written letter is left for Mr. Armand Lebathe at the desk.

Dear Mr. Lebarthe

After having been reccomened to seek you by our mutual freind, an elderly cleric fond of garlic (whose name escapes me at the moment), I decided it would be best to write you. My name is Katalyn Schoppen, I am a minstrel and singer formally trained in the Bardic Hall of Harmonia, Katarkass. As I understand it, you manage the Broken Bell Theatre and I would enjoy the opportunity to work out some sort of performance date.

Cordially,
Katalyn Schoppen
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:48:35 PM by Doom »

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Negnar

• THE Negnar
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 08:17:26 PM »
A number of odd chalk drawins have appeard on many of the walls of the houses, oftern new ones going up as soon as the old ones are washed off. Some give rough drawings of a Vardo with a guard puppet on his hand, the others seem to show Jerovich in a bed with Jimmy and Julia. Locals are puzzled by exactly why these are being put and, some simply find them ammusing and other walk past quicky with their heads lowerds so as not to assocaited with them

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 10:12:38 PM »
[Some wonder how much talent the rebelious artist had to recreate such vivid portraits]

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Elo-EF

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 10:45:09 PM »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 10:46:23 PM »
nice!

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »
(( :lol:  Nice.  Sorry for the OOC.  That was neat though.  :P ))

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 03:13:17 AM »
Dozens of Gundarakites Families flock from all corners of the Slums and market district, answering the call to Register at the Citadel, fear and confusion in the eyes of most, anger and despair...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 11:13:51 PM »
Rumors amongst the paesantry mention Outlander guards torturing Vallaki's own, they speak of Outlanders being hired to decapitate citizens, few are skeptical, but many remember back when Vallaki was blood-run, signs of times changing, some speak of complete disconnection between them and "Us".

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 05:47:39 PM »

Rumors among the Merchant class and Tradesman have it that Lord Vincent von Zeklos is hiring skilled laborers for a grand project.  This raises some eyebrows at first, given this is a time of war with Invidia.  Where would the gold come from for such a project of expense?  Those fortunate enough to be hired on would likely make enough coin to provide for their families for some time.  When it is later learned that the laborers are being hired to resurrect the Keep's private Chapel, the answer is clear; The Gold has come from the Ezrites.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »
A few Notices make their appearance around the Market district...

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 05:08:41 AM »
As folks wander near the bulletin board in the market square, they will notice a rather artfully drawn picture of a man attached to it. The figure appears to be laying face down on a wood floor for some inexplicable reason with colorful flowers arranged neatly in his hair. Any one familiar with Vino Snyders will notice a remarkable resemblance almost instantly.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Doom

• Pain? Pain is like love . . . like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men.
  • Dark Power
  • What is pain to Doom?
    • Last Stand Legacy Beta
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
A Stern young Barovian man with a wicked scar on his face, and a tightly buckled longsword visits the Broken Bell inn. He leaves with the Bartender a simple letter for the owner.

Dear Sir,

My name is Dragomir Katzinkaly. I am a veteran of three years of Gaurd Service as well as service with distinction in two major engagements during the Invidian war. I have noticed that despite your establishments proximity to sewer holes and alleys, and despite the presence of wicked beasties at night, your inn has no protection. The Broken Bell has a full detail of City Guard, and that hole the Ladies Rest even has a stout bouncer. I would suggest myself for some sort of security/bouncer posistion, to work in your establishment and keep it safe when the City Guard fear to tread. I am no stranger to fighting the beasts of the Night, and I have personal incentive to protect your inn- I will not run off at the first sign of true danger like some death shy mercenary. I come fitted with my own gear and supplies, and wages are highly negotiable. If your interested, I'll be in touch.

Signed,

Dragomir Katzinkaly

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
A small scealed letter can be found under the Door of the Red Vardo Services.

Dear friends,

I have a business and need of your services, please send someone at the Broken Bell,

Armand LeBarthe.

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »
*a note left at the entrance of the Broken Bell's theatre*

Mr. LeBarthe, my agents have been five times to the Broken Bell to speak with you. The barman has told us you've been out each of those times. When you return and still desire to meet us, please leave us a new message at our store. Thank you.

Danielle Escher
Red Vardo Traders

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths