Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47453 times)

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #350 on: January 01, 2022, 02:58:07 AM »
Not a bug perse but there is several books at the Vallaki bookstore that might not fit in the setting, Such as 'on "Sorcery" and Of the Undead I which has a incomplete necromancy ritual in it for example.

From Gaz. 1:

"Though its modest, bustling streets might not suggest as much, Vallaki has a sinister reputation for harboring arcane secrets. Between the clanging blacksmith shops and riotous fish markets are musty bookstores filled with esoterica and unassuming storefronts for ecstatic mediums and mystics."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:01:41 AM by DM Indolence »

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2022, 07:39:46 AM »
There is a transition area broken from the northern side of the Quartier Savant to the Marchand next to the doors to St. Mere. The Southern side works properly, as well as it's corresponding transition from the Marchand to the Savant.

Spoiler: show

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #352 on: January 03, 2022, 11:46:51 AM »
There is a transition area broken from the northern side of the Quartier Savant to the Marchand next to the doors to St. Mere. The Southern side works properly, as well as it's corresponding transition from the Marchand to the Savant.

I can't recreate this but I'll redraw the trigger just in case.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2022, 01:09:47 PM »
I can't recreate this but I'll redraw the trigger just in case.

it couldve gone under the texture, but I cannot go from the savant if i stay on the northern side of the area. no matter how I hover with the cursor i cant find a transition.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Anastian

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2022, 11:57:53 AM »
Hey all! I am posting this as a minor issue, though it could require a wider discussion given it's related to a PRC's mechanics.

Bug name: Shadowdancer summon shadow ability - Shadow level & number of uses per rest

Where: tested on test server

When: tested at class level 3 (with and without shadow affinity feat), class level 6, class level 10 (both with shadow affinity feat)

What:

1) In base NWN, the summoned shadow is supposed to change type becoming a Shadow Fiend at SD level 6, and a Shadow Lord at SD level 9. https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Shadowdancer
In POTM, the shadow does not change template, remaining a basic shadow and retaining the level 3 shadow template properties. Is this working as intended? This is my most relevant question as it can affect choices in character level progression, as the basic shadow template is extremely weak (so it would be primarily an RP tool, rather than something useful from a mechanical point of view).

2) The shadow affinity feat does not apply to shadow levels. The summoned shadow's level is equal to the SD class levels of the character. Looking at the feat text, I think that is because the summoned shadow has an Undead rather than Outsider race.

3) In POTM's version of the Summon Shadow feat, the SD is supposed to be able to use the skill 2 times per day at level 6, 3 times per day at level 9. The number of uses per day did not increase accordingly upon reaching said levels (of course after resting, tried resting 2 times for good measure).

Recreate: I'd suggest testing a shadowdancer build on the test server or even in the official environment to double check

Ideas: Apart for the potential bugs in the intended summon shadow implementation, would the skill need any kind of rebalancing? Assuming the low level shadow is the intended summoned creature (open to brainstorm in case!)

Thank you guys as always
Almerino Delafuerte Delmar, Thuzmoc Rockfeller
Franco Calibardo (Shelved), Bartak Ardson (Shelved), Dagor Berenil (Closured)
Discord: KhubilaiKhan (Sononabestia)#8746

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2022, 12:06:20 PM »
1) In base NWN, the summoned shadow is supposed to change type becoming a Shadow Fiend at SD level 6, and a Shadow Lord at SD level 9. https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Shadowdancer

POTM's version works as per PnP:

Quote from: Dungeon Master's Guide 3.0
At 3rd level, a shadowdancer can summon a shadow, an undead shade. Unlike a normal shadow, this shadow’s alignment matches that of the shadowdancer, and the creature cannot create spawn. The summoned shadow cannot be turned, rebuked, or commanded by any third party. This shadow serves as a companion to the shadowdancer and can communicate intelligibly with the shadowdancer. Every third level gained by the shadowdancer allows her to summon an additional shadow and adds +2 HD (and the requisite base attack and base save bonus increases) to all her shadow companions. For example, a 9th-level shadowdancer can have three shadow companions, each with 6 HD.

2) The shadow affinity feat does not apply to shadow levels. The summoned shadow's level is equal to the SD class levels of the character. Looking at the feat text, I think that is because the summoned shadow has an Undead rather than Outsider race.

Indeed, it doesn't affect the shadowdancer's shadow since it's not an outsider.

3) In POTM's version of the Summon Shadow feat, the SD is supposed to be able to use the skill 2 times per day at level 6, 3 times per day at level 9. The number of uses per day did not increase accordingly upon reaching said levels (of course after resting, tried resting 2 times for good measure).

It's not uses per day; it's the number of shadows summoned, so you summon more than one at a time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:09:53 PM by EO »

Anastian

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2022, 12:25:59 PM »
Thanks for the clarification on the first 2 points. Given the explanation, is it normal for the shadow to not inherit the character's alignment?

It's not uses per day; it's the number of shadows summoned, so you summon more than one at a time.
[/quote]

Related to this point then the bug exists: by using the summon shadow ability at level 6 and 9, only one shadow appeared.

And going back to the idea point: currently there is no evaluation ongoing on a possible mechanical rebalancing of the skill, correct? It is meant primarily, as most of the class features, as a roleplaying tool?
Almerino Delafuerte Delmar, Thuzmoc Rockfeller
Franco Calibardo (Shelved), Bartak Ardson (Shelved), Dagor Berenil (Closured)
Discord: KhubilaiKhan (Sononabestia)#8746

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »
Thanks for the clarification on the first 2 points. Given the explanation, is it normal for the shadow to not inherit the character's alignment?

I looked into those two and they're bugs, which will be fixed soon.

And going back to the idea point: currently there is no evaluation ongoing on a possible mechanical rebalancing of the skill, correct? It is meant primarily, as most of the class features, as a roleplaying tool?

It's indeed more of a RP tool, so no plans to revisit it.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2022, 06:03:44 PM »
When someone is standing outside a room on the north wing of the Keep of the Dyads, everything that is said inside can be heard outside even if the doors are closed.

Probably should not be the case?

RumbleBR

• New to the Mists
  • "Bards will rule the world"
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2022, 07:45:15 PM »
I have one new bug, what is making me very surprise, my character is literally resting standing up, he makes the sit animation but soon he stand up and finish his rest without sit, is very weird but this bug happened after server new update... I can show the video of what is happening on Discord, my character's name is Thallarian Silvermoon.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2022, 08:00:23 PM »
I got the same bug in a hazlan cave with another player , not sure if its for everyone but was just after the next patch.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2022, 01:50:25 PM »
i dont know if it supposed to, but the Mist spawn in the noble district doesnt spawn any loot container

also -said containers usually spawn 1 hour before and despawn one hr later than the mobs, making it prone to exploiting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:07:15 PM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2022, 10:33:27 AM »
I got the same bug in a hazlan cave with another player , not sure if its for everyone but was just after the next patch.

This should now be fixed.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2022, 07:16:39 AM »
Just a minor annoyance, but why is it hot in Har'Akir at night? Deserts can get very cold.

And the water elemental form's Drown AoE is still broken, where it deals half HP magic damage to caster.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:57:00 AM by Vissy »
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2022, 10:14:04 AM »
I Ghastria, when you arrive through the Vistani, there is a herb node completely unnacessible. I tried to mark it in the picture:

Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2022, 11:08:49 AM »
I checked the Mist spawn in Vallaki. The one in the nobles still doesn't spawn any loot, but now also the one in the slums does neither. Also, there is one spawn with ravens that dont appear doing absolutely nothing. They see you, they caw, and yeet to the high heavens never to come back (nor anything else appears). Scary is scary, because you dont know what to expect... but then morning comes and you are still there waiting for the other shoe to fall...

Character List:

Marph - Closured

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2022, 11:38:55 AM »
I checked the Mist spawn in Vallaki. The one in the nobles still doesn't spawn any loot, but now also the one in the slums does neither. Also, there is one spawn with ravens that dont appear doing absolutely nothing. They see you, they caw, and yeet to the high heavens never to come back (nor anything else appears). Scary is scary, because you dont know what to expect... but then morning comes and you are still there waiting for the other shoe to fall...

Yup, loot containers are gone across the board.

Ravens are a sign of good luck in Barovian folklore, you know. Not everything everything mists spit out have to be awful.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2022, 12:32:03 PM »
Just a minor annoyance, but why is it hot in Har'Akir at night? Deserts can get very cold.

And the water elemental form's Drown AoE is still broken, where it deals half HP magic damage to caster.

The latter isn't a bug; it's how the ability works.

I Ghastria, when you arrive through the Vistani, there is a herb node completely unnacessible. I tried to mark it in the picture:

I'll move it.

Cursed

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2022, 08:09:37 PM »
The Red Academy entrance frequently traps people on the ramparts requiring a spam of @seatme to get down.
Hello, based department?

I play: War Crimes Weyland's grandson

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2022, 09:07:52 PM »
The Red Academy entrance frequently traps people on the ramparts requiring a spam of @seatme to get down.

It's like a fun ride you never wanted to get on.  I've experienced this as well.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2022, 06:06:27 AM »

same goes for the pews in the Refuge of the Fifth Light in Vallaki. We joke they are mimics trying to eat the faithful, but they really are voracious

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Some Knight

• New to the Mists
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2022, 12:31:05 PM »
Cimetiere des Ames-Sereines has a 'shortcut on it's southern side, however part of the fence has an invisible wall, that blocks it off from ever being used / an actual functional path. Only able to be accessed from the forest on the other side.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2022, 01:54:41 PM »
Cimetiere des Ames-Sereines has a 'shortcut on it's southern side, however part of the fence has an invisible wall, that blocks it off from ever being used / an actual functional path. Only able to be accessed from the forest on the other side.

Thanks, I'll fix that.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2022, 11:38:28 AM »
Is platinum arrows not stacking with Bane Bow intentional? It feels a little redundant for rangers not to have this advantage; is it possible to make the divine damage from platinum arrows and the divine damage from Bane Bow stackable?
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #374 on: January 18, 2022, 05:35:00 PM »
Is platinum arrows not stacking with Bane Bow intentional? It feels a little redundant for rangers not to have this advantage; is it possible to make the divine damage from platinum arrows and the divine damage from Bane Bow stackable?

Damage bonuses of the same type never stack, so that's not a bug.