Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47788 times)

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #325 on: December 09, 2021, 11:23:11 AM »
There's a lot of fog/mist in front of Shop II, Vallaki. This was placed during a DM event, and I think it's stuck there permanently as a saved element of the shopfront.

This should be in Generic Requests - Technical. Any DM can remove it; you could try fireballing (though nearby NPCs may not appreciate!) to destroy it.
[/quote]

It's persisted through many resets and crashes now.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #326 on: December 09, 2021, 12:27:08 PM »

Yes, until it's removed and "saved", it'll keep coming back. It's been stored persistently.

aliceofthevoid

• Undead Master
  • Friendly Neighborhood Nightmare
« Reply #327 on: December 09, 2021, 03:13:03 PM »
The Shady Man vendor in the Mutinied Sailor lists incorrect prices in the preview when selling recovered traps to him.

Relevant screenshots

Spoiler: show

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #328 on: December 09, 2021, 04:50:20 PM »

This sign outside the Village of Barovia used to have a title and description. I haven't checked other signs like this one but most other signs in the area weren't changed.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #329 on: December 09, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »
Seems like some items are considered "cloths" when added to chests but other types when removed.

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #330 on: December 09, 2021, 08:41:28 PM »
There's a lot of fog/mist in front of Shop II, Vallaki. This was placed during a DM event, and I think it's stuck there permanently as a saved element of the shopfront.

This should be in Generic Requests - Technical. Any DM can remove it; you could try fireballing (though nearby NPCs may not appreciate!) to destroy it.

[/quote]

Nor would the shop owner enjoy the destruction of his carefully aligned placeables, lol
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

lilyatrix

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2021, 09:54:08 PM »
Both the Bullseye Inn and Mutinied Sailor have dartboards, but neither bartender sell darts.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #332 on: December 09, 2021, 09:55:46 PM »
Seems like some items are considered "cloths" when added to chests but other types when removed.

This sign outside the Village of Barovia used to have a title and description. I haven't checked other signs like this one but most other signs in the area weren't changed.

Thanks, I'll fix those.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #333 on: December 09, 2021, 09:55:58 PM »
Both the Bullseye Inn and Mutinied Sailor have dartboards, but neither bartender sell darts.

That's not a bug.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2021, 05:03:47 AM »
The 'macaw' form under Verdant Wildshape doesn't get any larger at level 12. It is a tiny birb. :(
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2021, 01:31:44 PM »
crafted

Darksteel gauntlet
beat dc thus no more -5 (cant fail)

gilded 1

then made another
got the -5 again
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Thorne

• Outlander
    • Ashes and Temples.com
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
My character Grimnir took the very to Krezkt Outpost, and spawned in so the world was gray and the game crashes about 20 seconds later, so it seemed like some kind of spawn in issue. My other characters remain fine.
"If the truth were subjective then the majority would always be right."

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2021, 03:36:04 PM »
The description for the item Paralyzation dust reads...

"It is unknown who first made this dust. When sprinkled on someone it causes the victim to become paralyzed."

Setting aside the lack of imagination in the description, the item properties are Hold Monster. "Someone" implies a person, or more accurately a humanoid, not something with a Monster template. Also "victim" is not really a term that would be used for a Monster. If this was Hold Person, then it would be accurate. As a suggestion for an alternative below, that doesn't imply that the item is from any particular campaign setting, nor does it suggest a specific origin.

Throughout the dense woodlands, rocky mountain, festering swamps, or scorching desserts; paralysation dust can be found in the pockets and pouches of the lowliest of adventurer, to the most prestigious of monster hunters. Paralysation dust is a reliable means of evening the odds of what could be a precarious fight, for even the most skilled, or indeed fortunate of individuals, ensuring that fights end in favourable terms of those who hedge their bets by way of using this seemingly innocuous of substance.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2021, 01:29:10 AM »
Weird part per dye bug.

Female PC, trying to dye Leather 1 on each hand. Right hand works, left hand does not change color.
Exited menu and tried again several times. Tried a new set of clothes, too. It only works when selecting 'all'.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #339 on: December 25, 2021, 11:00:40 AM »

How many forests must one destroy in order to reach Level 11,581 woodworking? Though I hear that the real good stuff only unlocks at Level 11,590 ...

... I think these are the wrong way round :P

(Ditto for the other Crafting Info dialogues)
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #340 on: December 25, 2021, 01:13:37 PM »

How many forests must one destroy in order to reach Level 11,581 woodworking? Though I hear that the real good stuff only unlocks at Level 11,590 ...

... I think these are the wrong way round :P

(Ditto for the other Crafting Info dialogues)
Weird part per dye bug.

Female PC, trying to dye Leather 1 on each hand. Right hand works, left hand does not change color.
Exited menu and tried again several times. Tried a new set of clothes, too. It only works when selecting 'all'.

Thanks; I'll fix both of those.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #341 on: December 26, 2021, 03:56:18 AM »
The Bellegarde Clerk is not accepting the Mining Equipment parcels. She just gives the 'this doesn't meet our requirements' response. Other deliveries untested.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #342 on: December 27, 2021, 05:14:57 AM »
Now i dont know if im getting crazy or not, but you tell me.

I believe garlic cloves disappear on their own when dropped on the ground when no one is around them after a few minutes.

First i thought that there was a sneaker picking them up after i left, but then i moved away from the usual place i feel the need to drop them around, and left them around along with a vial of holy water, and lo and behold the garlic was gone while the holy water remained.

Now, I either have my own personal sneaker that enjoys stealing my garlic and make me crazy, or there is something going on.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #343 on: December 27, 2021, 07:24:23 AM »
Now i dont know if im getting crazy or not, but you tell me.

I believe garlic cloves disappear on their own when dropped on the ground when no one is around them after a few minutes.

First i thought that there was a sneaker picking them up after i left, but then i moved away from the usual place i feel the need to drop them around, and left them around along with a vial of holy water, and lo and behold the garlic was gone while the holy water remained.

Now, I either have my own personal sneaker that enjoys stealing my garlic and make me crazy, or there is something going on.

There's plenty of people who would have a reason to steal your garlic, actually. Either to use it for their own purposes, or to just remove an obstacle to this NCE's countless vampires.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #344 on: December 27, 2021, 08:07:03 AM »
This goes from far back NCE, but I supposed there was in fact a stalker removing all that garlic. But now I moved away from where i usually leave it, and to my surprise, the garlic still disappears.

There was at least one major character from the past that got in huge trouble while discovered picking up garlic that other people left, so thats where i first went thinking about, but now im doubting there is something else in play, something much fouler, a script or bug serving the wicked vroloks.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2021, 08:58:11 AM »
Constantine in the fishing lodge says he has 'This barrel of fish' to be taken to Valaki.

If you accept the trade, he instead gives you three barrels without warning, which is the difference between walking, and super mega encumbered.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2021, 09:19:40 AM »
Constantine in the fishing lodge says he has 'This barrel of fish' to be taken to Valaki.

If you accept the trade, he instead gives you three barrels without warning, which is the difference between walking, and super mega encumbered.

I'll update the conversation to reflect the fact he gives multiple barrels.

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2021, 09:36:16 PM »
Bianca Zeklos in the Lady's Rest won't take my gremishka ears.

No dialogue for it exists.
Mariah Parsons

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2021, 09:50:59 PM »
Bianca Zeklos in the Lady's Rest won't take my gremishka ears.

No dialogue for it exists.

She was also not issuing keys, earlier.
She'd take your gold, but add no key.

Adnihilo

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2021, 09:31:14 PM »
Not a bug perse but there is several books at the Vallaki bookstore that might not fit in the setting, Such as 'on "Sorcery" and Of the Undead I which has a incomplete necromancy ritual in it for example.