You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47498 times)

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2021, 01:38:34 AM »
Summons (and I assume other AI companions such as faction NPCs) ignore player commands (stand ground, follow, ect.) once they enter combat.
This is now happening with MPC minions as well, though it wasn't affecting me a week ago.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2021, 07:07:53 PM »
The dockmaster in Port-a-Lucine says that for being a cargo worker you'll get 13 solars per day and for being a fisherman you'll get 12 solars per day.  Both of these only give 4 solars per day.  Not sure which one is meant to be correct.

Only reason I can think of for the discrepancy is if your statistics were permanently lowered after you first took on the job.

Dardonas

« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2021, 07:58:04 PM »
The dockmaster in Port-a-Lucine says that for being a cargo worker you'll get 13 solars per day and for being a fisherman you'll get 12 solars per day.  Both of these only give 4 solars per day.  Not sure which one is meant to be correct.

Only reason I can think of for the discrepancy is if your statistics were permanently lowered after you first took on the job.

Not at all.  My characters stats were the same as they were when they took it and I've also retaken both the jobs multiple times, just earlier today.  I can get some screenshots when I'm next in game if you'd like

Soulray

• Church of Ezra - Ste. Mčre des Larmes
  • Outlander
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2021, 01:30:01 AM »
In the Cathedral of Ste. Mere des Larmes, only the outside chapter house door works properly with keys, the chapter house interior does not allow for locking/unlocking.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2021, 01:26:35 PM »
In the Cathedral of Ste. Mere des Larmes, only the outside chapter house door works properly with keys, the chapter house interior does not allow for locking/unlocking.

Thanks, I'll fix this next update.

Anastian

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2021, 02:26:46 PM »
Heya!
Wanted to report that a certain shady merchant in Port is not registered as a fence anymore, and just sells wine and potage (probably his trading inventory was swapped with that of an innkeeper). I'll send a PM if I have to be more specific, didn't want to give out the position OOC!

Let me know if it's a real bug or worked as intended please, thank you for all your persistent work!
Almerino Delafuerte Delmar, Thuzmoc Rockfeller
Franco Calibardo (Shelved), Bartak Ardson (Shelved), Dagor Berenil (Closured)
Discord: KhubilaiKhan (Sononabestia)#8746

Dardonas

« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2021, 02:38:01 PM »
Heya!
Wanted to report that a certain shady merchant in Port is not registered as a fence anymore, and just sells wine and potage (probably his trading inventory was swapped with that of an innkeeper). I'll send a PM if I have to be more specific, didn't want to give out the position OOC!

Let me know if it's a real bug or worked as intended please, thank you for all your persistent work!
This has been addressed here: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=60655.0

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2021, 06:14:45 AM »
Barovia - Mt. Ghakis - Towards the Peak - Cave

When on the Lamordian Chirurgeion + Flesh Golem + Meenlock spawn...
There are numerous crates and book piles in this dungeon, but none of them contain anything. The only container with any contents is the chest in the 'boss' room.
Other spawn options and their equivalent containers (corpses, etc.) do contain treasure.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Sinthepie

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • A push is all it takes.
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2021, 11:37:52 AM »
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is reported yet, but the pack oxen are not passing through most of the transitions on the mountains, getting stuck on the previous transition most of the time and after spending a lot of time with it, it mostly seems to happen at random. Running or walking is making no difference.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2021, 09:30:52 PM »
The well in the western outskirts outside of Vallaki gave me this:

Pretty minor but it might confuse someone and it's inconsistent with the messages that read "Click again to climb down/up."

edit: also "for its intended purpose" is repeated unnecessarily (thanks to Chaoshawk for pointing that out, I had only looked at the part at the end)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:02:44 PM by SardineTheAncestor »
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2021, 08:42:51 AM »

Pretty minor but it might confuse someone and it's inconsistent with the messages that read "Click again to climb down/up."

edit: also "for its intended purpose" is repeated unnecessarily (thanks to Chaoshawk for pointing that out, I had only looked at the part at the end)

Thanks I'll fix this.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »
The Van Riess's Locker room keys are still called "Davy Jones' Locker Room Key".
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2021, 10:36:18 AM »
The Van Riess's Locker room keys are still called "Davy Jones' Locker Room Key".

Will fix, thanks for reporting.

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2021, 10:04:53 AM »
The texture corrupted trees have returned to Hazlan and Krofburg:

Novius

• New to the Mists
« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2021, 02:34:38 AM »
The lock pickers friend and the Lamordian Pocket Knife are both only useable by the Rouge class, while they also include the line "Feats Required: Simple, Druid, Monk, Rouge or Wizard"

Im not sure if my Wizard could ever use those tools but the "Feats Required" or the "only useable by" should probably match

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2021, 02:45:51 AM »
snip

No, that's correct for the base item, which is a dagger, and thus, the class usability applies to all daggers that exist.
The properties are a seperate matter, and are meant to further limit who can use what items - they lock out by class, not by proficiency feat. For example, a medium suit of armor is only useable by a hexblade (most likely because it has spell slots for that class). Or a certain axe is only useable by a barbarian (due to the lore).
A character with UMD might be able to get around the 'lock out'.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:50:16 AM by NacreCicatrix »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2021, 08:51:13 AM »

These should now be fixed.

The texture corrupted trees have returned to Hazlan and Krofburg:

This requires a hak update to fix, and we haven't done one since it was first reported. It'll be fixed next hak update.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2021, 01:36:59 AM »
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is reported yet, but the pack oxen are not passing through most of the transitions on the mountains, getting stuck on the previous transition most of the time and after spending a lot of time with it, it mostly seems to happen at random. Running or walking is making no difference.

I will confirm this one. It's very frustrating. Even if the ox is closeby (standing directly beside my character) when crossing a transition, it may decide to drop out of the party (multiple times). Going backwards and forwards 2-4 times is a headache when you have 30 second load times. It was not like this before. Only a considerable distance between the PC and the ox seemed to drop the ox out of the group.

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2021, 12:08:51 PM »
Premonition's description has caster spelt instead as caser.

Gutwrench should probably include the duration of its strength buff within the description.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2021, 02:53:35 PM »
Premonition's description has caster spelt instead as caser.

Gutwrench should probably include the duration of its strength buff within the description.

Thanks, I'll fix the typo in Premonition. However, Gutwrench is "permanent" (until dispelled or rested) so there's no duration.

MedicRabbit

• New to the Mists
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2021, 08:45:18 AM »
Seems to be an issue with trade licenses, that they can't be burned since the last update. Not even sure where to point at for it. But a few of us got together and failed at trying to burn a number of them in a campfire.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2021, 01:10:20 PM »
Seems to be an issue with trade licenses, that they can't be burned since the last update. Not even sure where to point at for it. But a few of us got together and failed at trying to burn a number of them in a campfire.

You need to use flint and steel on them, always been like that, same for paper.

Mona

• Undead Slayer
  • icon: The Letter, Eugene de Blaas
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2021, 01:26:15 PM »
The butcher in Krofburg Tent City is unable to be bartered with due to his placement at the stall, I think. I can't speak to him across the table thing; it defaults to walking me around to his side, which doesn't work, since he only responds with the classic [Looks around confused] if I'm not in front of him to trade.

Playing a human, if that matters.
ACTIVE:
Elisabeta Gárdonyi
Arwyl an-Cirdyn

PAUSED:
Ladislau Vacarescu
Janak Rashenka

DISCORD: vantamasque#0001

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #298 on: November 19, 2021, 12:41:19 AM »
This lovely artistic rendering of a tree stump outside Nahdezda's Home on the Lake Zarovich - Northwestern Shore map

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #299 on: November 19, 2021, 08:32:36 AM »
This lovely artistic rendering of a tree stump outside Nahdezda's Home on the Lake Zarovich - Northwestern Shore map

Yikes. This will take a hak update to fix so it'll have to wait until then.