Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47464 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2021, 09:46:59 PM »
Just tested - it's not working. Still failing tier 1-3 spells in armor with the ring on.

Ah, yeah, found the cause. It'll be fixed next update.

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2021, 07:51:55 AM »
Hi there

Tested faerie fire (the druid lvl 1 spell) against some desert trolls, it didnt negate their concealment.

thanks

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2021, 08:18:55 AM »
When you cast extended polymorph on yourself, when you have two slots prepared. It proceeds to eat both slots, if you require video footage of it. I can provide it.

Do you have a racial +INT boost? That's one of the many ways polymorphing can eat spells in NWN2, so it might apply here too.

Either way: try casting Fox's Cunning, first, to pad your INT score before polymorphing.

Atuar is human, so I don't think so and I don't have items that provide INT either... WAAAIT a minute I have a greater necklace of thoth, and ofcourse the moment I polymorph I loose one spellslot from the item. Consider it solved.

manyconsonants

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »
Spoiler: show

Cell VII in the East Ward of the Vallaki City Jail seems to be missing a door.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2021, 08:43:27 AM »

Cell VII in the East Ward of the Vallaki City Jail seems to be missing a door.

Thanks; I'll fix this.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2021, 09:27:54 AM »
So, this is an odd one, and I thought it was just me, but... since maybe 2-3 updates ago, my characters have been very frequently getting stuck in doors when shutting them. Not in the void behind a door - actually inside of the door object. No amount of jiggling, @seatme, relogging seems to help, and the door cannot be targeted either (it has no-LOS transparency from all angles). Requires a DM or a player character to rescue.
A couple of others have confirmed that this has been a regular occurrence for them, but only recently.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 09:31:41 AM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Dardonas

« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2021, 10:27:21 AM »
So, this is an odd one, and I thought it was just me, but... since maybe 2-3 updates ago, my characters have been very frequently getting stuck in doors when shutting them. Not in the void behind a door - actually inside of the door object. No amount of jiggling, @seatme, relogging seems to help, and the door cannot be targeted either (it has no-LOS transparency from all angles). Requires a DM or a player character to rescue.
A couple of others have confirmed that this has been a regular occurrence for them, but only recently.

This has been happening to myself as well.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »

I have had this happen as Yvette before. one of the things that can fix it is if you can change your shape, via wildshape, polymorph, shapechange etc. The larger shapes can push you out of the stuck door.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2021, 11:32:26 AM »

I have had this happen as Yvette before. one of the things that can fix it is if you can change your shape, via wildshape, polymorph, shapechange etc. The larger shapes can push you out of the stuck door.

Also having someone KO you and heal you is often enough to push you out as well if you cannot change shape.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2021, 05:24:27 AM »
The rooms at Midway Haven are not functioning as safe resting areas, and therefore, do not replenish lost health. Also, because you can't teleport to the OOC lounge from them, my character has become stuck due to the key being yoinked as he entered.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2021, 06:59:03 AM »
The rooms at Midway Haven are not functioning as safe resting areas, and therefore, do not replenish lost health. Also, because you can't teleport to the OOC lounge from them, my character has become stuck due to the key being yoinked as he entered.
On the latter part, logging out and then back in should open the door as well.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2021, 07:07:24 AM »

Thanks, I'll fix that.

Ringnar

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
  • Halflings are best!
« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2021, 01:08:40 PM »
Greetings, I just made a Greyhawk Grey Elf, when it applied the racial stats for subtype it applied -2 Str +2 Int, the post on the forums about sub races says it should have applied -2 Cha +2 int.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2021, 01:28:35 PM »
Greetings, I just made a Greyhawk Grey Elf, when it applied the racial stats for subtype it applied -2 Str +2 Int, the post on the forums about sub races says it should have applied -2 Cha +2 int.

The stats on the forum are incorrect; I'll fix them.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2021, 10:00:55 AM »

The Transition from the Inn to the Barn leads back to the Inn (The area does not change, but the screen goes black for a moment as if it was about to)
The other way around (from the Barn into the Inn) the Transition seems to work fine

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »

The Transition from the Inn to the Barn leads back to the Inn (The area does not change, but the screen goes black for a moment as if it was about to)
The other way around (from the Barn into the Inn) the Transition seems to work fine

I'll look into this and try to fix it with the next update.

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »
Tenser's Transformation is preventing the looting of gold piles, such as those in Blaustein's Reaver Cave.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2021, 09:21:17 PM »
Tenser's Transformation is preventing the looting of gold piles, such as those in Blaustein's Reaver Cave.

This should now be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2021, 07:54:05 PM »

These should all be fixed.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2021, 01:31:08 PM »
The boots blueprint unlike the gloves blueprint does not have the list of materials needed when it examined (Which in this case would be Two leather, Optionally one Metal.)
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #270 on: September 05, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »
The boots blueprint unlike the gloves blueprint does not have the list of materials needed when it examined (Which in this case would be Two leather, Optionally one Metal.)

Thanks, we'll fix this with the next hak update.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2021, 08:10:17 PM »
Summons (and I assume other AI companions such as faction NPCs) ignore player commands (stand ground, follow, ect.) once they enter combat.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2021, 07:08:23 AM »
Summons (and I assume other AI companions such as faction NPCs) ignore player commands (stand ground, follow, ect.) once they enter combat.

Yep. I've brought this up a couple times. It gets pretty hairy when faction NPCs decide to go postal.

I'm not sure if this is intentional.

The 'follow' command for dominated animals and animal companions does not seem to work when the animal is engaged in combat. They cannot be pulled back from combat or a charge with the command, and continue their attack. When they do not have the sword icon beside their portrait, they obey as usual. Stand ground still works.
I can't speak for other varieties of summons.

After some experimentation, this seems to apply to all henchmen, summons, etc. Neither the radial nor voice commands work.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2021, 06:34:31 AM »
A few of the recently-added 'the mists are thick tonight' areas don't seem to be spawning anything in any more. Not sure if intentional.

Barovia - Vallaki - Southern Woods - East
The Ravine on the way to Krofburg (I think that used to have a Lamordian doctor and some crawling hands?)
Luna River Bridge (Will-o-Wisps?)
PaL, Quartier Ouvrier and the one in the Marchand - I've never seen either actually generate anything, except a few 'corpse' items in the latter (but no enemies).

The one in the passage near Castle Ravenloft seems to be okay.

Dardonas

« Reply #274 on: September 20, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »
The dockmaster in Port-a-Lucine says that for being a cargo worker you'll get 13 solars per day and for being a fisherman you'll get 12 solars per day.  Both of these only give 4 solars per day.  Not sure which one is meant to be correct.