Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47454 times)

Glass Cannon

• Dark Power
  • Friendly Merchant
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2021, 11:40:44 PM »
Adding an IG source of Dust of Disappearance would be good, IMO.  I think there may be a vendor or two but it's pretty rare.
"Aristocrats and criminals have a lot in common. They’re both selfish, get bored easily, and have access to wads of cash they didn’t have to work honestly to get. The topper? Neither have any interest in bourgeois rules or morality."

Dardonas

« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2021, 11:45:57 PM »
Adding an IG source of Dust of Disappearance would be good, IMO.  I think there may be a vendor or two but it's pretty rare.

It would be good, but it'll also probably cost somewhere from 600-1000 gold which is 3-4x the price you can get eidelweiss for.

tom

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't worry I'm a professional.
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2021, 12:59:38 AM »
If its difficult to procure invisibility potions I'd think introducing a new invisibility item that doesn't weigh a lot would probably be preferable to allowing dust of disappearance to be purchased.

I will say, I never knew Eidelweiss was intended to be a remove disease item since I've only ever had it from looting places and I've only ever acquired the invisibility granting version of the plant and never the cure disease variant.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2021, 01:20:58 AM »
I use invisibility items extensively, and not just for ninjalooting. They're pretty much the lowbie panic button (and almost an essential for low-level dungeon rescues). Edelweiss wasn't exactly easy for a level 2-3 to acquire, either. I'd save up a few thousand in coin, then haul out to VoB to purchase some. Easier than finding someone who does happen to sell potions. An alternative would be great.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Bouquet of Lotuses

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2021, 04:29:47 AM »
Please, please keep a lowbie friendly invis option in the game.
Else Dvornikov - Akolyte of the Tyrant

Church of the Lawgiver - Sign up for tyranny today!

aliceofthevoid

• Undead Master
  • Friendly Neighborhood Nightmare
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »
Name: Wild Shape Carried Weight Bug

Where: Your local Druid

When: Appears to happen with every use of Wild Shape

What: Carried weight seems to decrease every time I use wild shape, reducing it by ~6 pounds each use when I tested it.

Ideas: Possibly some inconsistencies with the gear "merging" into the shifted form?

Ithalan

• New to the Mists
  • Useful Posts: 0
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »
Carrying capacity directly correlates to your current strength score (including any temporary modifiers) and is iirc also affected by size, so it'd probably help a lot if you could post the exact carrying capacity you were seeing, what your strength score was showing as on the character sheet and what form (if any) you were in at that time.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
The recently added item "Cardona's Trick Shackles" sells to merchants for 1gp.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2021, 12:06:52 PM »
The "Root of Yggdrasil" item (sold in Degannwy) should probably be removed, at least temporarily, from the stores, due to IC events - if they are made out of Yggdrasil's roots, that is. (They would only have a limited supply of the material at best by now.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:34:32 AM by Vissy »
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Dardonas

« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2021, 09:21:58 PM »
Please fix the trap door at the temple of Hotep.  The gap for the trap is too small too reliably shimmy along and is often buggy.  I don't mind the trap door mechanic, but the fact is that it's a lottery whether you can shimmy past it.  Larger model characters struggle to get by it and it's a glitch more than anything when you mess up. If the trap can be slightly smaller to accommodate characters moving by, it would help out immensely.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:27:25 PM by Dardonas »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2021, 02:11:40 PM »
The "Root of Yggdrasil" item (sold in Degannwy) should probably be removed, at least temporarily, from the stores, due to IC events - if they are made out of Yggdrasil's roots, that is. (They would only have a limited supply of the material at best by now.)

Good point. I'll remove it.

The recently added item "Cardona's Trick Shackles" sells to merchants for 1gp.

That's normal.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2021, 09:10:35 AM »
Ring of Arcane Stillness: characters who can use it via UMD get the feat in their list, but it does not work (spells still fail from armor penalty in tier 1-3).

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2021, 10:25:13 AM »
Ring of Arcane Stillness: characters who can use it via UMD get the feat in their list, but it does not work (spells still fail from armor penalty in tier 1-3).

A few queries about this-

What class are you casting the spells from?
Spells themselves or just scrolls?
Are you wearing items that have arcane spell failure as an item property or only from armour and shields' innate properties?
Were you trying spells while exhausted?

'Cause theres a few things that would need to be checked in regards to what could override a feat that by default in NWN, does actually work properly, its not something that is so easily broken so it really needs more in depth details.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2021, 06:20:48 AM »
Bard.
Spells.
No.
No.

No PEBCAK here. Another player has confirmed the same issue while attempting to use the ring in the same context.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:22:24 AM by NacreCicatrix »

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2021, 08:49:55 AM »

Crafted war fans say they are made out of steel in the description when they can be made out of other metals.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2021, 12:32:04 PM »

Crafted war fans say they are made out of steel in the description when they can be made out of other metals.

Thanks; I'll fix this.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2021, 03:03:00 PM »
Animal empathy does not function while shapeshifted.

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2021, 05:45:45 AM »
When you cast extended polymorph on yourself, when you have two slots prepared. It proceeds to eat both slots, if you require video footage of it. I can provide it.

Solved, if you polymorph while wearing a greater amulet of thoth you will ofcourse loose the spellslot.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 08:20:16 AM by Chadyo »

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2021, 08:27:45 AM »
When you cast extended polymorph on yourself, when you have two slots prepared. It proceeds to eat both slots, if you require video footage of it. I can provide it.

Do you have a racial +INT boost? That's one of the many ways polymorphing can eat spells in NWN2, so it might apply here too.

Either way: try casting Fox's Cunning, first, to pad your INT score before polymorphing.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2021, 09:33:16 PM »

This should now be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2021, 09:33:24 PM »

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »

Just tested - it's not working. Still failing tier 1-3 spells in armor with the ring on.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2021, 09:43:13 PM »
Just tested - it's not working. Still failing tier 1-3 spells in armor with the ring on.

What class?

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2021, 09:45:22 PM »
I'm not sure if this is intentional.

The 'follow' command for dominated animals and animal companions does not seem to work when the animal is engaged in combat. They cannot be pulled back from combat or a charge with the command, and continue their attack. When they do not have the sword icon beside their portrait, they obey as usual. Stand ground still works.
I can't speak for other varieties of summons.

After some experimentation, this seems to apply to all henchmen, summons, etc. Neither the radial nor voice commands work.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2021, 09:45:33 PM »

What class?

Bard!