Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47470 times)

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2021, 01:44:42 AM »
I'm not sure if this is intentional.

The 'follow' command for dominated animals and animal companions does not seem to work when the animal is engaged in combat. They cannot be pulled back from combat or a charge with the command, and continue their attack. When they do not have the sword icon beside their portrait, they obey as usual. Stand ground still works.
I can't speak for other varieties of summons.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Eruheran

• New to the Mists
  • Guardian of the Grove
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2021, 11:03:18 AM »

This doesn't seem right. This lootbag appearance for the blade happens when you change the color of the weapon, top, middle and bottom parts (in this case a longsword).

I forgot to count, but about 4 or 5 out of the 10 or so colors are viewable, the rest result in this lootbag appearance. Those numbers are from the amount of times I clicked "next color" until I got back to the first viewable color variant.

You can also see in the inventory the weapon takes on the default appearance. For reference, the weapon being shown is one that was crafted in 2020.

Edit: Been addressed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 06:22:19 AM by Eruheran »

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2021, 07:53:14 AM »
I agree. There are very, -very- few longsword appearances compared to other weapons, as most of the options result in the "default" lootbag appearance.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »

This doesn't seem right. This lootbag appearance for the blade happens when you change the color of the weapon, top, middle and bottom parts (in this case a longsword).

I forgot to count, but about 4 or 5 out of the 10 or so colors are viewable, the rest result in this lootbag appearance. Those numbers are from the amount of times I clicked "next color" until I got back to the first viewable color variant.

You can also see in the inventory the weapon takes on the default appearance. For reference, the weapon being shown is one that was crafted in 2020.

That's not a bug; not all colors are supported, so some will show the bag model. While it could be fixed it's not really worth the trouble considering the low impact of seeing bag models sometimes.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »
Lesser Shadow Wolves in the Sullen Woods don't seem to actually be shadows. They can be crit, sneak attacked, and don't drop shadow residue. Shadow Rats do.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2021, 08:25:40 PM »
Most non-vanilla top appearances for the Bastard Sword are now locked. While there may be some that are supposed to be, this includes a wide swath of very normal medieval sword appearances. Bottom and Middle do not seem affected, or at least not as severely. I haven't noticed anything for other weapons, though I haven't been going out of my way to check either.
Vicerimus Mortem.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2021, 01:24:12 AM »
Lesser Shadow Wolves in the Sullen Woods don't seem to actually be shadows. They can be crit, sneak attacked, and don't drop shadow residue. Shadow Rats do.

They arent undead, no. This is intended I believe.
(they're fey creatures, hit them with copper)

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »

They arent undead, no. This is intended I believe.
(they're fey creatures, hit them with copper)

I don’t have a source book with me, but I could have sworn shadow wolves were undead. Especially since they spawn with and around other shadow creatures.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2021, 03:03:31 PM »

Those are shadow fey; there's a mixture of both in there. They're the shadow wolves from the Wagner Mines.

Dardonas

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2021, 03:48:25 AM »
Zombie Golems in the curst cave have had odd aggro mechanics for the past year or so.  They will track to ghosts, invisible characters, downed characters and stealthing characters when not in combat.

tom

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't worry I'm a professional.
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2021, 09:06:05 AM »
Zombie Golems in the curst cave have had odd aggro mechanics for the past year or so.  They will track to ghosts, invisible characters, downed characters and stealthing characters when not in combat.

Also on lower spawns blasphemes are spawned instead of zombie golems and those have tremorsense of some kind of I recall correctly.

grongrin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2021, 11:18:19 AM »
Encountered a bug of not getting a spell after learning it from a scroll.
I was in the middle of re-levelling my character, took a break a few levels in and then learned a spell from a scroll, but that spell doesn't show up in my spellbook (the scroll was used up and i got the notification that I should have the spell now, as shown in the attached image).
Spoiler: show

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2021, 01:01:04 PM »
Encountered a bug of not getting a spell after learning it from a scroll.
I was in the middle of re-levelling my character, took a break a few levels in and then learned a spell from a scroll, but that spell doesn't show up in my spellbook (the scroll was used up and i got the notification that I should have the spell now, as shown in the attached image).
Spoiler: show

I'd need more information for that, such as:

1) Did you change your spell school? Unlikely but to make sure.
2) Is this a remake or a relevel?
3) Are you a pure wizard or multiclass?

Dardonas

« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2021, 02:55:06 AM »

Also on lower spawns blasphemes are spawned instead of zombie golems and those have tremorsense of some kind of I recall correctly.

Doesn't have anything to do with this. Zombie Golems don't have tremor sense.  They will track across the dungeon to stand and hover on top of stealthers without being aggro'd to them.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2021, 09:50:48 AM »
Edelweiss seems to do two very different things based on who is selling it. the Hospice in Port has it do Invisibility, while the one in the Medical department has it do remove disease. Shouldn't they do the same thing? 

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2021, 09:28:58 AM »
Edelweiss seems to do two very different things based on who is selling it. the Hospice in Port has it do Invisibility, while the one in the Medical department has it do remove disease. Shouldn't they do the same thing?

I'll change them all to the Remove Disease version.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2021, 09:33:01 AM »
I'll miss the free invisibility herb drops.

Yesper

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2021, 11:38:39 AM »
Are we going to add another source of invisibility to compensate for the change? As it stands, there are very few readily available sources of it for characters than do not have access to herbalism/UMD. Unless, of course, I am missing something obvious.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2021, 12:01:23 PM »
Are we going to add another source of invisibility to compensate for the change? As it stands, there are very few readily available sources of it for characters than do not have access to herbalism/UMD. Unless, of course, I am missing something obvious.

When we first introduced herbalism we pulled most consumables from the game world. We may or may not add an alternative but we prefer people use the in-game crafting economy rather than relying on NPCs.

Yesper

« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2021, 12:56:47 PM »
My concern with that is the limiting reagent being the availability of invis herbs and how they generally end up being used. Improved Invisibility potions are far more useful if there are no arcane casters available to provide the buff, and very quickly eat through the herbalist's supply. If no consumable is added, perhaps increasing the spawn rate or variety of herbs that are used in those recipes?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2021, 01:17:18 PM »

When we first introduced herbalism we pulled most consumables from the game world. We may or may not add an alternative but we prefer people use the in-game crafting economy rather than relying on NPCs.
Could the herablism system we have be able to get the various herbs that are found in NPC shops? I know Belladonna is found available but what the other plants?

Dardonas

« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2021, 03:41:48 PM »

I'll change them all to the Remove Disease version.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them with the invisibility and change the remove the disease ones?  I've only ever looked at Eidelweiss as an invisibility plant, the Remove Disease variant seems like an off-shoot and the vast majority I've otherwise seen are invisibility.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2021, 10:43:12 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them with the invisibility and change the remove the disease ones?  I've only ever looked at Eidelweiss as an invisibility plant, the Remove Disease variant seems like an off-shoot and the vast majority I've otherwise seen are invisibility.

It giving Invisibility is a bit off; I added it years ago (along with Lemon and other consumables that gave spells) in the pre-crafting days. They were never meant to be sold in stores initially but to be found in loot tables. As mentioned, we'll either add an alternative (eg. Dust of Disappearance) or pull that completely, and encourage people to go the crafting route.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2021, 03:09:09 AM »

It giving Invisibility is a bit off; I added it years ago (along with Lemon and other consumables that gave spells) in the pre-crafting days. They were never meant to be sold in stores initially but to be found in loot tables. As mentioned, we'll either add an alternative (eg. Dust of Disappearance) or pull that completely, and encourage people to go the crafting route.

There actually is an alternative already: Rokuma Mirrored Masks. They're bigger and heavier than Edelweiss, and bigger than Dusts of Disappearance, but they've got a short Invisibility spell too.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

Dardonas

« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2021, 11:34:18 PM »

There actually is an alternative already: Rokuma Mirrored Masks. They're bigger and heavier than Edelweiss, and bigger than Dusts of Disappearance, but they've got a short Invisibility spell too.

It's really only going to inadvertently nerf to rogues, in my opinion, further allowing other classes to shine ahead of the one thing rogues are meant to be good at, ninjalooting.  Rokuma Mirrored Masks are not able to be purchased and they weigh substantially more.