Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47465 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2021, 09:55:33 AM »
The katar is described as 'discrete and efficient'.
That should be 'discreet and efficient'.

'Discrete' means separate and distinct from other things.
Now, although one could argue that since hardly anyone uses punch daggers they're pretty discrete, I'm pretty sure the writer was looking for 'discreet' as in subtle, unobtrusive.

I'll fix this in the next hak update.

enragedmang

• New to the Mists
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2021, 12:12:26 PM »
Not sure if this is intentional but with the diagnostics running the server has been crashing seemingly at least once an hour. Just mentioning it incase there might be bugs in the diagnostics.

ChrisRanHimselfOver

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2021, 11:53:46 AM »
Noticed that I can't seem to alter the appearance of some of my weapons that aren't marked as having a set appearance. Specifically a Dementlieuese Epee and a Gaucho Bullwhip. Not sure if they should be able to be altered or are just missing an OOC notice.

I've tried re-equipping and relogging and neither made the weapons alterable.
Currently Playing: Coltan Viris
Shelved: Tristan Hawkins, Robin Moreau

Coronenko

• Outlander
  • FML
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2021, 08:05:28 PM »
Cleric feat "Energy Drain" can target the caster and level drain the caster

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2021, 07:11:25 PM »
I cant test this myself but a player on a discord channel mentioned that the Gate spell is able to last an entire dungeon despite it only being listed for 1 turn + round/level duration, accompanied with a screenshot of 3 mages using balors to run Sithicus.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2021, 04:15:18 PM »
Cleric feat "Energy Drain" can target the caster and level drain the caster

I'll fix this in the next hak update, though no ETA.

I cant test this myself but a player on a discord channel mentioned that the Gate spell is able to last an entire dungeon despite it only being listed for 1 turn + round/level duration, accompanied with a screenshot of 3 mages using balors to run Sithicus.

If this is the case, it's an exploit and anyone doing it would face the appropriate consequences.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2021, 08:11:09 PM »

This should now be fixed.

Dardonas

« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2021, 12:12:03 PM »
In the transition just outside of Krofburg, there is a herb node that is barely accessible and visible.  It is just by the set of stairs at the transition to Krofburg's Tent City.

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2021, 03:01:17 PM »
There is a small problem using gutwrench, a max bull, and tenser transformation. These spells should combine for a strength buff of +13. It seems when I have the strength buff from gutwrench and a max bull and then I use tenser transformation, it only gives me +12 strength. This happens regardless of whether I cast the gutwrench spell first or the max bulls first. My mistake I did not realize there was a strength cap
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:05:34 PM by cooachlyfe »

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2021, 07:32:42 PM »
The Item "Abber Throwing Tomahawk", found as a set of 25 throwing axes, has a weight of 127.5

Im assuming this was not intended :) 

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »
Since yesterday's EE update I have seen some graphic issues:
Deer and Camels do not have a walk animation.
In Har Akir Desert Zombies stand in the T formation and also do not have any animations.
PC armor robes float at weird angles when a PC sits, or for females, the dress robe is to the side as they stand.
PC Cloaks also do not sit with a PC, they float above the PC.

In the Governors Hotel in Port every rentable room on each floor 1-4 is now visible on area enter. I can see how they are decorated, and tab highlight every useable placeable.

Screenshots available if wanted.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:47:56 PM by Quartermaster »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2021, 11:26:07 AM »
Since yesterday's EE update I have seen some graphic issues:
Deer and Camels do not have a walk animation.
In Har Akir Desert Zombies stand in the T formation and also do not have any animations.
PC armor robes float at weird angles when a PC sits, or for females, the dress robe is to the side as they stand.
PC Cloaks also do not sit with a PC, they float above the PC.

In the Governors Hotel in Port every rentable room on each floor 1-4 is now visible on area enter. I can see how they are decorated, and tab highlight every useable placeable.

Screenshots available if wanted.

Are you running the development patch yourself too? If so, make sure to clear out your override folder of any shader files (anything with the .shd suffix).

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2021, 01:22:59 PM »
Thank you that worked!

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2021, 06:48:09 PM »
This one herb spawn deep under the mountain is unreachable, no matter what sort of herb spawns there.

Spoiler: Location Pictures • show

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »
This one herb spawn deep under the mountain is unreachable, no matter what sort of herb spawns there.

Spoiler: Location Pictures • show

In the transition just outside of Krofburg, there is a herb node that is barely accessible and visible.  It is just by the set of stairs at the transition to Krofburg's Tent City.

I'll fix both of these.

Folly

• Outlander
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2021, 09:29:19 PM »
I'll fix both of these.

I have another unfixed herb spawn. Sorry don't have screenshot. Will try to give you the best description of where it is.

If you exit Port going East onto the avenue du progress, and then head south ONE or TWO zones. (im not sure)
Then you head  west (towards the city wall) up a slight hill in the grassy terrain, you find a zone exit WEST.
Go through that zone exit, you are now within visible distance of the city walls. And there is a tree with a herb spawn in it, floating high up.
It is impossible to acquire the herb located in the tree.

Some images with a rough sense of where it is. Again, my zone count is a guess. So it might be wrong.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2021, 09:44:34 PM »
I'll fix both of these.

I have another unfixed herb spawn. Sorry don't have screenshot. Will try to give you the best description of where it is.

I found it; will fix it next update.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Cannot Recover Crafted Traps
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2021, 03:35:00 AM »
I cannot recover a crafted trap my character has set (the option is greyed out).
I can't disable it either, as I cannot meet the DC (30, I can only get 25).
It's showing up as a red square on my screen when set. Not green. Walking over it doesn't trigger it, though.

It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Cannot Recover Crafted Traps
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
I cannot recover a crafted trap my character has set (the option is greyed out).
It's showing up as a red square on my screen when set. Not green. Walking over it doesn't trigger it, though.

This is intentional; disabling it will also recover it automatically, but you need to pass the DC.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Re: Cannot Recover Crafted Traps
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2021, 03:38:21 PM »

This is intentional; disabling it will also recover it automatically, but you need to pass the DC.

Ranger trappers are screwed if they mis-lay a crafted trap, since it's hard to reach the DC (of stronger traps) with a non class skill. I have been told it's free recovery for regular traps, so I guess I'll ditch crafting!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 03:59:53 PM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2021, 10:19:45 AM »
There has been some instability with arcane spells since the new hak update. At times mass spells will not give effects to some in a party. Mass see invisibility, Mass improved invisibility, Mass bulls strength, Mass Haste, and Mass protection from elements, in this order failed to give their bonuses to one in our group who was in touching distance to the caster.

Also the Spell firebrand has been messed up for months. Some times nothing happens, no animation, no damage to enemies. other times it will only send out 1 or 2 brands, when it should send out as many as enemies present. (per it's description)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2021, 11:15:23 AM »
blue crabs have the meat item when they die not the blue crab item. Shouldn't they blue crab item so you can eat them?

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2021, 11:19:19 AM »
Blood Hawks that spawn on the mountain road to Krofburg drop feathers that are associated with the defunct crafting system. They have radial options to craft weapon and armor with them.

EDIT: Only +3 Int, to answer the question below.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:38:22 PM by inkcorvid »
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2021, 03:24:32 PM »
Blood Hawks that spawn on the mountain road to Krofburg drop feathers that are associated with the defunct crafting system. They have radial options to craft weapon and armor with them.

What was the intelligence modifier of the person doing the killing of these birds?

I know there is a default nwn script that will generate crafting components from creatures if the killer has a 6+ craft weapon / armour modifier based purely upon the creatures' appearance, and those skills are intelligence skills. Could be the cause of it.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2021, 05:11:08 PM »
There has been some instability with arcane spells since the new hak update. At times mass spells will not give effects to some in a party. Mass see invisibility, Mass improved invisibility, Mass bulls strength, Mass Haste, and Mass protection from elements, in this order failed to give their bonuses to one in our group who was in touching distance to the caster.

Also the Spell firebrand has been messed up for months. Some times nothing happens, no animation, no damage to enemies. other times it will only send out 1 or 2 brands, when it should send out as many as enemies present. (per it's description)

This isn't a new bug; it has to do with line of sight but nothing we can really do about it on our end.