You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47467 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
The Wonderous Mirrors of Appearance Changing in the OOC Lounge seem to have been replaced with regular, non-interactable mirrors.

OOC Lounge on the left, OOC New Character Area on the right:

Yeah this happens sometimes; I'll fix it in the next update. Otherwise, a reset is enough to fix something like that.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »

This NPC keeps blocking the entrance to the vendor at Mist Camp. Convincing him not to do that anymore would be great!

I'll change the NPC so he doesn't move around anymore, should fix that one.

Yesper

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2021, 09:19:29 AM »
Gris Gris created via "Bestow Gris Gris" can be sold to merchants. They do not, then, disappear upon resting. Tested with only a couple of low level spells (babby voodan problems) with the same result.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2021, 08:45:22 PM »
Gris Gris created via "Bestow Gris Gris" can be sold to merchants. They do not, then, disappear upon resting. Tested with only a couple of low level spells (babby voodan problems) with the same result.

Yeah, that's "intentional"; the item property will still fade out after the allotted time so its impact is minimal.

GentleShade

• New to the Mists
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2021, 09:14:07 AM »
When bulk herb crafting with a maker's stamp only 1 out of 10 potions gets the maker's stamp applied.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2021, 07:47:54 PM »
Copper throwing axes seem to be weightless. This isn't true of cold iron throwing axes. Is this a bug? Or is the sole benefit of copper that you can carry thousands of them?

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2021, 07:57:47 PM »
When bulk herb crafting with a maker's stamp only 1 out of 10 potions gets the maker's stamp applied.

Stamps were designed for armors and weapons. It's a side effect of the script that 1 potion can be stamped, though not intended.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2021, 06:33:32 AM »
When creating a voodan character, the option to select domain + spell school does not appear in the character creation process. Furthermore, once entering the OOC New Character Area, levelling up is unavailable (even though it reports the level up when @relevel is attempted), and the character cannot use the domain/spell school changer (or anything else). Generated two throwaway PCs to test this. Other classes don't seem to broken.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 06:35:48 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »
When creating a voodan character, the option to select domain + spell school does not appear in the character creation process. Furthermore, once entering the OOC New Character Area, levelling up is unavailable (even though it reports the level up when @relevel is attempted), and the character cannot use the domain/spell school changer (or anything else). Generated two throwaway PCs to test this. Other classes don't seem to broken.

Check your game version; it sounds like you're playing on an older version. You should patch up to the most recent build (20.1) or even the development patch (21).

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2021, 03:10:54 AM »

The guard on the rooftop of Thutmose house in Muhar falls through the roof when the front door to the house is closed after it has been opened.
When opening the door he levitates up again.

Nothing happens when you just open the door, and most probably leaves it open. But when closing it the guard drops down.

Coronenko

• Outlander
  • FML
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2021, 10:11:31 AM »
Craftable containers don't give penalty on Hide/Move Silently when opened/closed in stealth mode

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2021, 10:59:53 PM »
Craftable containers don't give penalty on Hide/Move Silently when opened/closed in stealth mode

I'll fix that.

The guard on the rooftop of Thutmose house in Muhar falls through the roof when the front door to the house is closed after it has been opened.
When opening the door he levitates up again.

Nothing happens when you just open the door, and most probably leaves it open. But when closing it the guard drops down.

I'll try to move him so he no longer "falls."

Forte

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • He is a king whom emperors have served.
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2021, 02:44:43 AM »
The Grandfather Sword seems to not be modifiable or customizable in any way (which is a shame) despite the fact nowhere in its description does it note it as a non-modifiable item. I would really like to see it as a modifiable weapon, but at the very least this should be detailed in its item description.

Dzenifér Uralkodó - HATEFUL

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2021, 01:02:28 PM »
The robe options #61 - 62 don't have an assigned appearance, so in an inventory they appear blank and are easy to loose.

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2021, 01:33:15 PM »
The robe options #61 - 62 don't have an assigned appearance, so in an inventory they appear blank and are easy to loose.

That's because these are female-only appearances but there's no way to prevent them from being given to PCs of other gender.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2021, 05:36:35 AM »
In Barovia - Balinok Mountains, there is a group of rocks that are placed for what I assume is to hide the edge of the map from view, they are floating quite considerably off the ground, you wouldn't notice it with the top down camera view.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2021, 07:33:14 AM »
In Barovia - Balinok Mountains, there is a group of rocks that are placed for what I assume is to hide the edge of the map from view, they are floating quite considerably off the ground, you wouldn't notice it with the top down camera view.

Please add a screenshot of the area's minimap and circle the locations of the floating rocks.
Best Regards!
MAB

The Tiny Mesmer

• New to the Mists
  • The Tiny Mesmer
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2021, 02:33:43 PM »
Someone please fix this poor woman's pathing. She makes me so nervous every time I walk by. She just keeps on pacing back and forth. I fear for her sanity.  :(

She's in Quartier Savant. Just next to Shop 3.

Spoiler: show

Blood And Steel

• New to the Mists
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2021, 07:19:59 AM »
The Sickle of Autumn cancels your spell casting abilities as druid because it's a metal weapon.  But the weapon is a druid only weapon and gives 1 extra lvl 1 spell slot.  If someone could take a look  at this! Thanks!

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
The Sickle of Autumn cancels your spell casting abilities as druid because it's a metal weapon.  But the weapon is a druid only weapon and gives 1 extra lvl 1 spell slot.  If someone could take a look  at this! Thanks!

Hi. I tested both the sickles of autumn and summer. They each worked properly. Also, neither have any material components listed in their properties and the script checks only for metal items, on the armor, shield, boots, bracers and helmet slots. Whatever caused your inability to cast isn't the sickle. Practical guess, you equipped something a druid should not in one of those slots and it triggered the metal armor restriction. I suggest you unequip all those slots, rest, then test the sickle again. Let me know if it persists.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:25:25 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Blood And Steel

• New to the Mists
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »

Hi. I tested both the sickles of autumn and summer. They each worked properly. Also, neither have any material components listed in their properties and the script checks only for metal items, on the armor, shield, boots, bracers and helmet slots. Whatever caused your inability to cast isn't the sickle. Practical guess, you equipped something a druid should not in one of those slots and it triggered the metal armor restriction. I suggest you unequip all those slots, rest, then test the sickle again. Let me know if it persists.

Turns out you were right! It was the shield I had one, didnt' realize. Thanks!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2021, 07:11:02 PM »
Someone please fix this poor woman's pathing. She makes me so nervous every time I walk by. She just keeps on pacing back and forth. I fear for her sanity.  :(

She's in Quartier Savant. Just next to Shop 3.

Spoiler: show

I'll fix this.

Winterglass

• New to the Mists
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2021, 11:06:49 AM »
The katar is described as 'discrete and efficient'.
That should be 'discreet and efficient'.

'Discrete' means separate and distinct from other things.
Now, although one could argue that since hardly anyone uses punch daggers they're pretty discrete, I'm pretty sure the writer was looking for 'discreet' as in subtle, unobtrusive.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2021, 12:17:13 AM »
Sorrowful Willow does not seem to work in any recipe. I have tried club, quarterstaff, crossbows (with steel as secondary), and both composite and ordinary bows (assassin bug legs as secondary). I get the improper/lacking ingredients message.
May not be a bug, of course, and I am simply not using it properly.

Yeah, I'm just a moron.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:55:03 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Artemis

• New to the Mists
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2021, 03:11:37 AM »
Sorrowful Willow does not seem to work in any recipe. I have tried club, quarterstaff, crossbows (with steel as secondary), and both composite and ordinary bows (assassin bug legs as secondary). I get the improper/lacking ingredients message.
May not be a bug, of course, and I am simply not using it properly.

I have a shield made from it that works
Now Playing:

Vale Corvinas