You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47469 times)

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2021, 08:20:08 AM »
The "Large Bone" item (dropped by Experimental Zombie) is able to be crafted into a wand using some crafting system PotM doesn't or only partially implements. The bone wand item it makes says that you can use it to craft a magic wand using the Craft Wand skill.

Replication: Collect large bone from Experimental Zombie -> Radial menu -> Use: Craft Weapon Component
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2021, 01:35:06 AM »
Ghastria - West Point - Bandit Camp

Too many placeables with sound (fires/torches particularly) are probably causing sound bugs in this map. Easier to notice at the end: when all the spellcasters have auras up and are spamming AOEs, and there's tons of torches and fires in the last room, spells you cast, attacks you launch, voice lines you send, etc. will be muted.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
  • Nougat-pilfering cheese-cretin
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2021, 01:16:19 AM »
Lost my trade licenses when I logged in after a reset, even though they were still valid. See screenshot here with in-game date circled.
Sadie Halloway (nope, no giant graphic, sorry ;-P )

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2021, 06:39:51 PM »
The 'cleanup scripts' in the Vestibule dungeon removed all the leftover knuckles from bodies, but leave all the 'rusted gear' in remains. Would be nice if the script could clean up everything.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »
Lost my trade licenses when I logged in after a reset, even though they were still valid. See screenshot here with in-game date circled.
I can confirm this too, I've been losing my valid trader's licenses every reset/crash for a few rotations now.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2021, 09:24:19 PM »

Trade licenses are automatically removed when seasons change. I'll add a feedback message to make it clearer.

Ghastria - West Point - Bandit Camp

Too many placeables with sound (fires/torches particularly) are probably causing sound bugs in this map. Easier to notice at the end: when all the spellcasters have auras up and are spamming AOEs, and there's tons of torches and fires in the last room, spells you cast, attacks you launch, voice lines you send, etc. will be muted.

I'll tone down some of the sounds.

The "Large Bone" item (dropped by Experimental Zombie) is able to be crafted into a wand using some crafting system PotM doesn't or only partially implements. The bone wand item it makes says that you can use it to craft a magic wand using the Craft Wand skill.

Replication: Collect large bone from Experimental Zombie -> Radial menu -> Use: Craft Weapon Component

I'll remove it from their inventory.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
Trade licenses are automatically removed when seasons change. I'll add a feedback message to make it clearer.
I think Green Monster means they are disappearing regardless of season and time purchased. I've lost three sets of winter+spring without there being a change of season yet too. Something recently updated has made licenses getting removed every/nearly every reset/crash, and when they usually only disappeared when there was a reset + season rotation, and it would only delete the expired paper.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2021, 10:15:54 PM »

Apologies if I was not being clear. The season HAD NOT CHANGED. That's what I meant by "still valid". See screenshot, in-game date is highlighted and circled.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2021, 10:30:08 PM »
Potions and varnishes are no longer stacking after BOTH stacks have been put in storage in the SAME warehouse.

Example:
    I store 13 bulls' strength potions in vallaki warehouse. I now have a stack of 13 stored bulls strength potions.

Two days later I make another batch of 20 bulls strength potions. I store them in vallaki warehouse. I now have one stack of 13 stored potions and one stack of 20 stored potions.

The newly stored potions will not stack on top of the 13 I had stored before. I can split the stack of 13 then re-stack them together. I can split the stack of 20 and then put them back together. But I cannot make them both into a stack of 33 unless I un-store them all, then stack the non-stored potions, then re-store them.

Conclusion: When storing them, somehow the "max stack" number value is getting set to whatever the current stack is and then reset to normal when they are returned to usable form. Either that, or a time stamp is being added that makes each stack of stored items unique and therefore un-stackable with the same stored item stored at a later time.

Monktrus

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • Freak of the Week
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2021, 11:20:05 AM »
Derro seem to be missing their racial spells, or at least I haven't been able to figure out how to use them. They should have Darkness like drow/tieflings, as well as sound burst once a day.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »
Derro seem to be missing their racial spells, or at least I haven't been able to figure out how to use them. They should have Darkness like drow/tieflings, as well as sound burst once a day.

We never gave Derro those racial spells.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »
Now potions that have been through the storage system AT ALL cannot stack. I un-stored 17 speed potions to combine with a stack of 22 I had just made, and they wouldn't stack! I un-stored a stack of 53 cure criticals, and the un-stored potions would not stack with the stack of 46 I had just made

ETA: Is it possible that the issue that was causing the stored potions to gain a unique identifier has been fixed but the un-store script isn't removing the unique identifier?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:33:31 PM by Green Monster »

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2021, 12:17:03 PM »
INACCESSIBLE HERB SPAWN NODE

https://i.imgur.com/f1FHJKH.png

This is just outside Raduta Keep. You can't reach this Fetid Sparganium in this location.

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2021, 12:18:25 PM »
FLOATING ROCK/DIRT PILE

https://i.imgur.com/E74fK8p.png

Attached to many props just like this are floating rock/dirt piles. This *particular* one is outside Raduta keep, but I've seen them in a lot of places.

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2021, 04:12:06 PM »
BLACK ROCK PILE IN UPPER DVERGHEIM

https://i.imgur.com/zEesEDP.png

Upper Dvergheim, northeast corner. Rocks are not receiving light for some reason. Possibly Beamdog's fault, or maybe missing materials/textures/whatever; I am not versed on this engine's specifics.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2021, 05:48:38 AM »
Some weird behavior still happening with trading licenses. Since shortly after Green Monster's queries since February 5th,  I still kept my previous Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall for 15+ days; Today it took away both my Summer (correct) and Fall (current season, incorrect), and still left my previous winter/spring papers.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2021, 03:54:30 PM »
Some weird behavior still happening with trading licenses. Since shortly after Green Monster's queries since February 5th,  I still kept my previous Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall for 15+ days; Today it took away both my Summer (correct) and Fall (current season, incorrect), and still left my previous winter/spring papers.

This likely happens when there are time jumps, which might happen from time to time.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2021, 05:42:57 PM »

I suspect that this only happens when you have multiple licenses and one is not for the current one. So, if you have one expired and one current, the script sees that one is not current and removes all. If you have one current and one for next season, the script sees that one is not for this season and takes them all. Instead of doing a for loop and calculating the value of current or not for each individual license, it's just doing a boolean "Is there a license that isn't this season? If yes, delete em all!!"

To fix this, the script should do the following:

Identify what season this is.
Then for EACH license separately, if that license is NOT for this season OR the next season, delete that license only
Move on to next license

GentleShade

• New to the Mists
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2021, 06:46:30 AM »
There is a mist creature that drops a bone which can be crafted into a wand (which is un-enchantable on this server).

Is should probably be removed from the corpse and/or be replaced with a skeleton knuckle.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2021, 08:44:33 AM »
There is a mist creature that drops a bone which can be crafted into a wand (which is un-enchantable on this server).

Is should probably be removed from the corpse and/or be replaced with a skeleton knuckle.

Thanks; I'll remove them from their inventory. If you spot others, let us know.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2021, 03:30:40 PM »

Crafted cloth became uncraftable when crafting selection vanished.

Apparently it became plot item and cannot be transfered.

Thanks to DM Bara, my item got fixed.

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2021, 10:47:10 PM »
No newly brewed potions will stack with any potions brewed before the latest update. Not one. Which is resulting in a lot of inventory space suddenly being occupied by the same sort of potions.

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »

This NPC keeps blocking the entrance to the vendor at Mist Camp. Convincing him not to do that anymore would be great!

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2021, 03:43:12 PM »
No newly brewed potions will stack with any potions brewed before the latest update. Not one. Which is resulting in a lot of inventory space suddenly being occupied by the same sort of potions.

This is an unfortunate side effect of the changes that were done, but one that will naturally resolves itself as stacks of older potions are being used.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2021, 08:47:46 AM »
The Wonderous Mirrors of Appearance Changing in the OOC Lounge seem to have been replaced with regular, non-interactable mirrors.

OOC Lounge on the left, OOC New Character Area on the right:

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle