You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47474 times)

Asous

Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »
The hand models on "Gendarme Uniform (F)" are what I assume to be the wrong model/number. Given the male version sets your hands to option 0/1 I'd assume they are meant to match such?

Spoiler: show

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »
Fiery Beetle Mandibles and Damaged Fiery Beetle Mandibles somehow stack inside the alchemist's flasks, converting one into another. I had a bag containing two undamaged mandibles and two damaged ones. Using a flask on the bag hoovered all four of them up, converting them into the undamaged variety in the process.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/GYcv8GY
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:39 PM »
Fiery Beetle Mandibles and Damaged Fiery Beetle Mandibles somehow stack inside the alchemist's flasks, converting one into another. I had a bag containing two undamaged mandibles and two damaged ones. Using a flask on the bag hoovered all four of them up, converting them into the undamaged variety in the process.

Thanks for the report. I'll fix it by making it impossible to store Fiery Beetle Mandibles & Fiery Beetle Mandibles in the same container.

The hand models on "Gendarme Uniform (F)" are what I assume to be the wrong model/number. Given the male version sets your hands to option 0/1 I'd assume they are meant to match such?

I'll fix the uniform.

in the slums of vallaki, someone using animal  empathy somehow turned the dog hostile against nearby npcs, a garda npc yelled at it, it killed a cat, then a barovian civilian npc, before the garda finally slew it.

As mentioned in the other topic, I think I've found the cause of this bug and will fix it.

Finals observation seems to be more in line. You have to hit it just right now. It did appear at first to be entirely non functional. Sorry for the delay in response.

This may be fixed in the next Beamdog patch since they're working on pathfinding.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:11:14 PM by EO »

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2020, 05:55:08 PM »

I don't think there's a difference between the two as far as alchemy is concerned.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2020, 06:08:32 PM »
I had assumed you could only alchemize like with like, even if they're functionally the same in terms of output, though I'll try and test that when I get the chance. Though if I recall correctly, the ranger in the outskirts only accepts the undamaged mandibles (though everyone's better off if they're sold to an alchemist).
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2020, 06:37:36 PM »
I had assumed you could only alchemize like with like, even if they're functionally the same in terms of output, though I'll try and test that when I get the chance. Though if I recall correctly, the ranger in the outskirts only accepts the undamaged mandibles (though everyone's better off if they're sold to an alchemist).

This is right. No difference as far as alchemy, but the ranger buys only undamaged.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2020, 09:02:38 PM »

Quote above currently on generic requests.

The same happens for the Governor's Hotel in Port-A-Lucine, though if you leave the area and let it reset after 15 mins, it usually fixes this issue temporarily. Unsure on the cause of this, maybe someone barred from renting speaks to the NPC and it causes that interaction to everyone that comes after them for that specific instance of the area?

I think I've identified the cause of this and will fix it next update.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2020, 03:04:11 PM »
Shackles count trying to eat food as casting a spell...

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2020, 05:28:00 PM »

:lol: this made me laugh too hard  :lol:

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »

I'll clarify the message but it still won't be possible.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2020, 11:47:46 PM »

This should now be fixed; you won't be able to store both types of mandibles in the same container.

This should now be fixed; you can ask for your item to be replaced.

in the slums of vallaki, someone using animal  empathy somehow turned the dog hostile against nearby npcs, a garda npc yelled at it, it killed a cat, then a barovian civilian npc, before the garda finally slew it.

This should now be fixed.

Finals observation seems to be more in line. You have to hit it just right now. It did appear at first to be entirely non functional. Sorry for the delay in response.

This may be fixed in the next Beamdog patch since they're working on pathfinding.

The message has been clarified.

Quote above currently on generic requests.

The same happens for the Governor's Hotel in Port-A-Lucine, though if you leave the area and let it reset after 15 mins, it usually fixes this issue temporarily. Unsure on the cause of this, maybe someone barred from renting speaks to the NPC and it causes that interaction to everyone that comes after them for that specific instance of the area?

This should now be fixed.

Lucia Ricci

• New to the Mists
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2020, 12:38:19 AM »
I don't now the correct term but I think it's pathing? I can say in Alhoon, Tergs and a couple other dungeons it's very hard to enter some rooms and your characters will routinely either not go in or try to go in a longer way around. So you can be in combat and not able to reach your party due to invisible forces blocking you.

I don't know how this works, but it's a thing.
Fowler and Bloom
Martineau Maritime Acquisitions & Shipping Concern

Wine-Stain

• New to the Mists
  • snip snip
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2020, 02:18:19 AM »
I don't now the correct term but I think it's pathing? I can say in Alhoon, Tergs and a couple other dungeons it's very hard to enter some rooms and your characters will routinely either not go in or try to go in a longer way around. So you can be in combat and not able to reach your party due to invisible forces blocking you.

I don't know how this works, but it's a thing.

Reported this issue in the old thread (a few times) - it seems like it's an issue with that particular door model itself. Enemies with a direct path to the player character and no obstacles were still showing up as having no LoS to one another. It became really bad after Beamdog released that patch that improved pathing issues, and was definitely not as much of a problem before.

CBT

• New to the Mists
  • Oh word?
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2020, 04:28:32 PM »
As of last update, changing weapon appearances is still not possible despite the patch notes claiming it is fixed.
crossbow and bolt torture, church of bane theocracy, critter and beast transmutation, cursed and burning terrors, choucroute et boeuf tourtiere, and various eclectics

Britasianninja

• New to the Mists
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »
tl;dr Recently crafted potions aren't reliably stacking with ones previously crafted and stored, despite not having been an issue previously. Additionally, previously stored potions cost more to re-store, and can be sold to vendors.

More specifically: I had a number of potions crafted and stored previously, which I withdrew from the Drain to transfer to Port. At the same time, I crafted some additional potions to store alongside them (done countless times before, no issues with stacking). Now, the bank at Port is demanding 200gp to store the older potions, but 10gp for the ones crafted today (so it seems the system is assigning different values to the previously stored potions?). Additionally, while crafted potions generally cannot be sold to vendors, I now have the option to sell most of the previously crafted ones.

Glowfire

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2020, 02:07:49 PM »
tl;dr Recently crafted potions aren't reliably stacking with ones previously crafted and stored, despite not having been an issue previously. Additionally, previously stored potions cost more to re-store, and can be sold to vendors.

More specifically: I had a number of potions crafted and stored previously, which I withdrew from the Drain to transfer to Port. At the same time, I crafted some additional potions to store alongside them (done countless times before, no issues with stacking). Now, the bank at Port is demanding 200gp to store the older potions, but 10gp for the ones crafted today (so it seems the system is assigning different values to the previously stored potions?). Additionally, while crafted potions generally cannot be sold to vendors, I now have the option to sell most of the previously crafted ones.
I experienced this too.
Liss Santraeger - "Life is a song. Don't be scared to sing along."
Eglantine Desrosiers - "A rose is still a rose, even if it has only one petal left."

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2020, 06:52:06 AM »
Angler's Dive - Upstairs seems to be having a stronk. Really long load times, too, since these appeared.

EDIT: The upstairs part of the Den has a similar problem with load times. This was never an issue before the last update, but all players entering the area seem to hang on the load screen (but don't crash/time out).

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 02:29:20 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2020, 02:58:11 AM »
Hi there

negative energy traps, ghost stag str drain, goblyn str drain (and maybe more but I didnt check) ignore negative energy ward (tried from potion) and death's blood feat save bonus against negative energy.

thanks!

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »
Could the board named "Server & Community Discussion" please be renamed something like "Requests, Server & Community Discussion"?

Generic Requests is pinned at the top of the board, but the board's title and description don't make it an obvious place to look for the thread. And the search function with "generic" never returns it as the first result. (I just tried, and it was the 19th result returned.) If someone has posted on another thread in the folder most recently, it's not easy to find Generic Requests (which is one of the most useful threads on the forum).

ETA: Or perhaps "DM Requests, Server & Community Discussion" and rename the thread DM Requests.

When it was created, the thread wasn't meant to be that alone from the description, but it's pretty much what it is. And generic has always seemed to me an odd choice (more "miscellaneous" than "generic"?).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 11:42:37 AM by Iridni Ren »

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2020, 04:48:37 AM »
No idea if bug, oversight or feature. It has happened in the action server but i should think it'd be the same in the RP server as well. If it's a feature and it is a sort of trick feel free to delete the post. Ill place everything under spoiler just in case.

The door to the first floor in Hotep
behaves like a inn door, except that only one key is provided. So, once you use the key and unlock the door, the key gets destroyed, and if the door gets closed it locks again with no further ways to unlock it since there are no more keys around (nor it can be picked) and the whole run gets spoiled and you need to wait for the dungeon to refresh to start all over again. I would suggest it just remains unlocked even is the door gets closed.
I dont know if the issue presents itself also with the other locked doors downstairs, but in case I would also like the same for them.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:41:42 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
The druid "Hare" wild shape doesn't replace the strength score of the character when shifted.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2020, 10:57:45 PM »
The druid "Hare" wild shape doesn't replace the strength score of the character when shifted.

That's intentional, otherwise it'd gimp it too much.

Lucia Ricci

• New to the Mists
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »
I think my character is bugged. I am very regularly being seen in stealth by things that are not making any kind of roll for me to fail and in every case it should be mathematically impossible for them to spot me. It's usually just one who then brings his friends to the party. I know it's not location specific because easy things like shadows and Raduta ghosts are doing it as well as werewolves and even weasels. Usually if I can make it to a transition and come back things revert to normal.

Before you ask I have factored in things like light. Exposure penalty after picking up an item. It's never been an instance of forgetting a major piece of gear. I cannot account for this issue and it has got me killed a couple times and robbed once (thanks for not taking my swords :) ) which is nu fun when it's not your fault. The only thing I can think of is lag but I have not seen anyone else mentioning this problem. It happens several times a day and has only been an issue for about a week. About the same time lag started to get bad.

Any help with this issue would be welcome.
Fowler and Bloom
Martineau Maritime Acquisitions & Shipping Concern

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »
The minimap in "Dementlieu - Baie de Sable - Beach" only shows the entry point.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »
The minimap in "Dementlieu - Baie de Sable - Beach" only shows the entry point.

What do you mean?