You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47497 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Topic for minor issues v4
« on: October 17, 2020, 02:54:27 PM »
Old thread was too large.

Sometimes, we miss out on some of the very basic minor bugs and misconfigurations in the heat of topics turning into principal, more long-winded discussions. As much as the latter is still relevant, I think we would still benefit from making it a bit more effective and separating the two.

This topic is intended to make aware all the minor issues that's very forward to evaluate what's wrong and just a matter of getting around fixing it - like an item missing from a crafting store, a placeable placed wrong etc. Compiling it here should reduce the possibility of it . As the things are fixed, the posts will be removed from the topic.

Feel free to post anything that might already have been reported before in other topics but never got around to be fixed. No matter how minor, it usually takes very little time fixing these things, especially if we are already working with the area involved. Insignificant as it may seem, the little quirks tend to spoil the natural immersion into the game experience.

Thanks for helping :)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 02:59:52 PM »
Carpentry.

Every placeable in the Structures/Walls category is no longer there. Other things could be missing, this is just what I found so far.

The category is now empty; I'll disable it for the next update.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 03:16:54 PM »
It wasn't empty... It had plenty of useful placeables. Some of which I've been using to setup for a current player event and was planning to use later on.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 03:45:01 PM »
It wasn't empty... It had plenty of useful placeables. Some of which I've been using to setup for a current player event and was planning to use later on.

Most placeables in the lot weren't meant to be used by players; that was an oversight. They only had one visible side, among other issues. A handful (maybe 20) were accidentally cut but will be put back when we next update.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 04:17:55 PM »
Problem: Crit range on a pistol is larger than intended.

How: Using Keen + Improved critical on a flintlock, while it is in the offhand allows the Gun to crit on a 16-20.  (Mainhand weapon is a shortsword, I haven't tested to see if that changes it.)

This will be fixed next update to follow the threat range rules of a longbow, so 19-20 with either Keen/Improved Critical, and 18-20 with both.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 04:18:41 PM »
Dementlieu, Fetes Champetres rentable location.
The placeables built onstage re-appeared in the same spot but under the stage once the server reset.

This should hopefully be fixed but won't affect existing placeables, only those placed now and stored now.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 08:13:56 AM »
- I havent had a roll for cold weather in a long while. Now it was -8°C and i have been chilvibing outdoors for hours and not a single roll has been made.

- It seems that as of late I'm having troubles dropping items in closed bags even though there's plenty of room inside.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »
- I havent had a roll for cold weather in a long while. Now it was -8°C and i have been chilvibing outdoors for hours and not a single roll has been made.

- It seems that as of late I'm having troubles dropping items in closed bags even though there's plenty of room inside.

Weather damage starts at -10, except under certain circumstances, so not taking damage at -8 is normal.

For the second bug, if anything, it'd be a Beamdog issue, so best report it to them.

A humble sage

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »
The changes to the head color structure have tied hoods and helmets to hair color. This has left my hooded and bearded old man (male human head id 36) consistently cosplaying Ezio. The hood had previously been colored based off of the equipped armor, is that changing post this update?
Quiliti "Q" Kharnessa - Lucky charm
Shelved: Merrin Vlen - wandering scholar

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »
Enchanted magic bags can not be given a label. Attempting to do so creates the error message: "Error: This item carries a custom name and thus cannot be labelled."

They can be labeled before being enchanted, and that will stick. But afterwards it is unchangeable

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »
The blacksmith in Berez is labeled 'Dementelieu Commoner'

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 08:31:32 PM »
Might clear up with a server reset, but none of the beggars in the Ouvrier is taking coin.

The dialogue runs, but you don't lose any gold from your inventory.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »
The changes to the head color structure have tied hoods and helmets to hair color. This has left my hooded and bearded old man (male human head id 36) consistently cosplaying Ezio. The hood had previously been colored based off of the equipped armor, is that changing post this update?

We'll fix these issues.

Enchanted magic bags can not be given a label. Attempting to do so creates the error message: "Error: This item carries a custom name and thus cannot be labelled."

They can be labeled before being enchanted, and that will stick. But afterwards it is unchangeable

We'll make it possible to label enchanted bags.

I'll fix this. Thanks.

Might clear up with a server reset, but none of the beggars in the Ouvrier is taking coin.

Thanks, I'll fix this.

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
Since the last reset, the mist camp Trader's Vardo merchant Djordji's conversation menu is bugged. When you ask for Herbalism wares or Alchemist's wares, it opens up the normal shop with all the non-crafting equipment instead.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
Since the last reset, the mist camp Trader's Vardo merchant Djordji's conversation menu is bugged. When you ask for Herbalism wares or Alchemist's wares, it opens up the normal shop with all the non-crafting equipment instead.

I've added a hotfix for this temporarily but a permanent fix should be when the server next resets.

Urf

• New to the Mists
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »
The boat entrance in werewolf caves is no longer accessible.

The holy water pool in the outskirts church was not blessing gloves. It could include weapons too, but I did not test. This was during the DAY. It gave the usual confirmation message "blessing weapons till dusk" however there were no bonuses listed on my gloves. Not sure how to recreate this bug. I even restarted the client and logged back in effort to fix it.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 03:14:40 PM by Urf »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »

The holy water pool in the outskirts church was not blessing gloves. It could include weapons too, but I did not test. This was during the DAY. It gave the usual confirmation message "blessing weapons till dusk" however there were no bonuses listed on my gloves. Not sure how to recreate this bug. I even restarted the client and logged back in effort to fix it.

Were the gloves bracers by any chance?

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 01:10:12 AM »
Another PC gave me a room key to the room he rented. When I logged back in, I had that key plus a second (unidentified) key.

Upon examining it, the second key was for the same location as the first key.

Spoiler: show
Both were for Tenements, Room 9

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 08:31:51 AM »
Not sure if this has been reorted.

The Printing Press seems to take either a random or the first stored piece of paper in your inventory whether it's been written on or not. I.e. It does not necessarily take a 'Blank Piece of Paper', in the inventory.

I first thought that once your inventory runs out of Blank ones, the Press just starts taking ones already used, but seems not the case.

PLEASE BEWARE when using the Press and have any pieces of paper with plot or sentimental value on you. If you want to make sure not to lose them (to the Press, though not to a crash) - leave them on the floor while operating the Press.

Example:

'The Creation' was a piece of paper that my PC bought off an Akiri scholar ages back. It is not replaceable and is now gone forever. :(

-------------------------------

The other issue is not exactly a bug, but something I noticed since the update, I think, and probably has to do with the walkmesh.

You are no longer able to place items on a table in the scenery:

Everything automatically goes to the floor. It's a small, cosmetic thing to be sitting around a table with books, drinks, food or candles that you've put on top of it, but I'd say it can rather add to the immersion of the scene. We no longer seem to have that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:33:40 AM by Inti »
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »
Another PC gave me a room key to the room he rented. When I logged back in, I had that key plus a second (unidentified) key.

Where did you relog?
Was it after a reset?

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »

Where did you relog?
Was it after a reset?

Never mind...rechecking just now it's likely that I moused over the wrong key when examining the unidentified one.  I now have a skeleton key in my inventory, and that was probably the "duplicate."

Sorry about the false alarm.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »
The Printing Press seems to take either a random or the first stored piece of paper in your inventory whether it's been written on or not. I.e. It does not necessarily take a 'Blank Piece of Paper', in the inventory.

All these should now be fixed.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2020, 12:14:40 AM »
Received the "minor progression by roleplay message" while in Dementlieu near the gate.

I had not been RP'ing in a low RP XP zone previously, having logged in from the OOC after a reset

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2020, 12:26:48 AM »
Received the "minor progression by roleplay message" while in Dementlieu near the gate.

I had not been RP'ing in a low RP XP zone previously, having logged in from the OOC after a reset
France is no longer safe.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2020, 04:35:48 PM »
Hobgoblin warchief is able to use the disarm ability with ranged weapons. The description of the feat points out that you have to be in melee combat to use disarm