You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v4  (Read 47834 times)

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
Re: Topic for minor issues v4
« Reply #375 on: January 19, 2022, 04:55:26 AM »
Hi

Steel smithing unknown recipe -5 penalty didnt apply in my last smithing session.  Didnt get the 'learned new recipe' message either.
Tried different weapons (including weapons I never crafted before with other metals either).

happened in the crafting hall in valaki

thank you

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #376 on: January 19, 2022, 05:40:18 AM »
Is platinum arrows not stacking with Bane Bow intentional? It feels a little redundant for rangers not to have this advantage; is it possible to make the divine damage from platinum arrows and the divine damage from Bane Bow stackable?

Damage bonuses of the same type never stack, so that's not a bug.

Then is it possible to change the damage type of platinum arrows from divine to some other damage type that would not stack (or changing Bane Bow)? Such as the "EffectDamageIncrease" function, either for the Bane Bow or for the arrows themselves.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »
Hi

Steel smithing unknown recipe -5 penalty didnt apply in my last smithing session.  Didnt get the 'learned new recipe' message either.
Tried different weapons (including weapons I never crafted before with other metals either).

thank you

If you've made a "weapon" with the material before, you know how to make "weapons" with that material already. Its the same thing with people making easier adamantine armor to learn how to work adamantine into armor.

Not absolutely every combination of weapon and armor is going to apply a -5 penalty (nor would you want to try do that..), its just material based. Once you've learned to make weapons or armor of any type with that material, you're good.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 03:02:15 PM by zDark Shadowz »

William Roberts

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • Thrown a kettle over a pub...what have you done?
« Reply #378 on: January 19, 2022, 04:02:32 PM »
Is platinum arrows not stacking with Bane Bow intentional? It feels a little redundant for rangers not to have this advantage; is it possible to make the divine damage from platinum arrows and the divine damage from Bane Bow stackable?

Damage bonuses of the same type never stack, so that's not a bug.

Then is it possible to change the damage type of platinum arrows from divine to some other damage type that would not stack (or changing Bane Bow)? Such as the "EffectDamageIncrease" function, either for the Bane Bow or for the arrows themselves.

If it's desirable, I believe changing platinum to positive energy would allow stacking.

Beauty like a tightened bow, a kind that is not natural in an age like this.

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #379 on: January 19, 2022, 04:14:06 PM »
Hi

thank you

If you've made a "weapon" with the material before, you know how to make "weapons" with that material already. Its the same thing with people making easier adamantine armor to learn how to work adamantine into armor.

Not absolutely every combination of weapon and armor is going to apply a -5 penalty (nor would you want to try do that..), its just material based. Once you've learned to make weapons or armor of any type with that material, you're good.
Thanks!

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #380 on: January 19, 2022, 05:00:00 PM »
Shady Looking Man in the Drain gets pulled out of his "bank" area when someone closes the drain door.  Often times this leaves him in a position that makes it difficult to enter or leave the drain.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #381 on: January 20, 2022, 05:38:32 PM »
When entering the Drain and using the door so that the rest comes into sight, getting a notification in my logs:

[08:27] Door: [A steel door stands before you.]
[08:27] Miphetra: [Knock on the door.]
[08:27] Door: [A grate on the door slides open. Narrowed eyes peer out silently.]
[08:27] Miphetra: [Continue.]
[08:27] Door: [The door is unlocked and slides open. A gruff voice speaks.] Git movin' [Moments after the door is slammed shut.]
[08:27] Miphetra: [Enter]
Failed to load Placeable model CEP_OVERLAP.mdl

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #382 on: January 20, 2022, 09:53:41 PM »
I am sure you have already heard about this one, but there seems to be a visibility bug that happens often. When you get it, you can only see about 2 feet away from your character (it is like everything and everyone is invisible). Relogging fixes it, ultravision fixes it (temporarily).

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #383 on: January 20, 2022, 11:37:31 PM »
I am sure you have already heard about this one, but there seems to be a visibility bug that happens often. When you get it, you can only see about 2 feet away from your character (it is like everything and everyone is invisible). Relogging fixes it, ultravision fixes it (temporarily).

I believe this is a Beamdog thing. Could be wrong

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2022, 11:07:39 PM »
Shady Looking Man in the Drain gets pulled out of his "bank" area when someone closes the drain door.  Often times this leaves him in a position that makes it difficult to enter or leave the drain.

I'll update the area layout to fix this.

Nezmith

• Outlander
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2022, 11:27:09 PM »

This occurs when you're buffed with a vision spell (ultravision/true seeing) that allows you to see through darkness and then proceed to encounter the darkness spell in some way. When your buff fades in this specific scenario, your vision will be reduced like you describe.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2022, 12:54:54 AM »
Yeah, tends to happen if you have UV and darkness is cast directly on you, or if you are in darkness and UV is cast directly on you. Can't remember if it was one or the other or if both could cause it. Hardcoded bugs are awful, like traps to ones far north can be triggered by the player randomly.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #387 on: January 25, 2022, 02:16:43 AM »
Mist spawn flavor text often doesn't match the spawn. I've gotten the mad doctor text while the spawn was mist horrors, and the 'pea souper + light in fog' when there were bandits.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #388 on: January 25, 2022, 12:04:56 PM »
Mist spawn flavor text often doesn't match the spawn. I've gotten the mad doctor text while the spawn was mist horrors, and the 'pea souper + light in fog' when there were bandits.

Is this all areas or just some specific ones?

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #389 on: January 25, 2022, 08:12:54 PM »
I think all/most?
I noticed it on the harbour house bridge thing on the west shore of Zarovich Lake, the Luna River Bridge, and the Bridge over Ivlis River so far.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2022, 01:20:23 AM »
I think all/most?
I noticed it on the harbour house bridge thing on the west shore of Zarovich Lake, the Luna River Bridge, and the Bridge over Ivlis River so far.

Okay dokay, I'll have a dig around and see where the mismatch is.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #391 on: January 28, 2022, 09:29:18 AM »
Rented Oxen have the option to "bind" it to your character, removing the ox from the game for approx 2 hours and then it is supposed to appear there when you log back in or something. I've tried it out a couple of times myself and never found it to work properly and I saw someone on the forums tried it as well. Could that option simply be removed as it's not entirely necessary to begin with.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2022, 06:59:20 AM »

In the excellent ooc guide the order of numbers doesn't fit. If you ask to read number 12 number 11 will appear. And that is true all the way down to number 1 and 2. It is due to that number 2 has a ”a” and ”b” subsection I think.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #393 on: February 04, 2022, 01:59:44 PM »
Ghastrian Vodka and Monsferrat Gin have the same bottle appearance, and it appears you can stack the former with the latter, deleting/overwriting it the name & description of the vodka.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #394 on: February 04, 2022, 03:37:43 PM »

Found problem, will be fixed when I next post an update.

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2022, 03:51:05 PM »
About the ox system;

To get the ox to the next map, you have to place it on the transition without going through it yourself, or at least that's how I make it work when it acts up. Go onto the transition (don't go through), make the ox follow onto the blue space, then go through.

However, some transitions like the Vallaki gates (both north gates and the west gate) have smaller, thinner transitions which makes it incredibly hard to make the ox pass through if you don't get lucky with the AI or know how to get them onto the blue area.

Can these transitions be made a little bit thicker I suppose? If it doesn't ruin anything else around them.

RedMoney

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #396 on: February 05, 2022, 01:31:43 PM »
About the ox system;

To get the ox to the next map, you have to place it on the transition without going through it yourself, or at least that's how I make it work when it acts up. Go onto the transition (don't go through), make the ox follow onto the blue space, then go through.

However, some transitions like the Vallaki gates (both north gates and the west gate) have smaller, thinner transitions which makes it incredibly hard to make the ox pass through if you don't get lucky with the AI or know how to get them onto the blue area.

Can these transitions be made a little bit thicker I suppose? If it doesn't ruin anything else around them.

The best way I found is to face the transition, right click your ox, and have it attack nearest which will make it run forward. Then when it's standing on the transition that's when you go in.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #397 on: February 05, 2022, 01:37:20 PM »
Yeah, the issue is caused because when you transition across, the ox sometimes loses you and runs around like a headless chicken for a moment before finding the transition again.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #398 on: February 06, 2022, 05:11:05 AM »
About the ox system;

The best way I found is to face the transition, right click your ox, and have it attack nearest which will make it run forward. Then when it's standing on the transition that's when you go in.

Exactly, the same thing I am doing. Getting it onto the transition. But Vallaki gate transitions are so thin that the ox cannot get on them easily or it doesn't register. Too fat.

Yesper

« Reply #399 on: February 06, 2022, 08:14:21 PM »
Not sure if it's been reported before or not, but lately I'm running into unlocked/disarmed chests quite often in areas while ninjalooting (and a few more when delving with a group proper). It's a bit odd, though the loot in the chest appears to otherwise generate normally.