Author Topic: Exhausted/Fatigued While Walking  (Read 688 times)

Calad

• Champion of the Eternal Dawn
  • Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
Exhausted/Fatigued While Walking
« on: April 22, 2022, 12:53:37 PM »
My character Mara Ionas gets exhausted/fatigued while walking, not always, but sometimes. She's not encumbered nor actively doing anything but walking in Walking Mode when this happens. It's a rare occasion though, only happened a handful of times.

All the occasions it happened is when I had stopped running recently and got into walk mode, and been walking for a while without casting/interacting with anything, and it occurs.

I've experienced this with detect mode first, then Strigoi suggested using walk mode, I started using it but it happened again twice in a row.

Ideas: I know the exhaustion system has been reworked recently, and perhaps this is intended to happen to make your character stop moving and rest a bit after running for a while instead of continuing to walk? Or perhaps it doesn't acknowledge the character is walking?

Screenshots:

You can see here how I went down a tick of exhaustion but got exhausted back, without deactivating walk mode.

As well as here, there was nearly a minute between the activation of Walk Mode and fatigue tick here.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Apr 22 16:26:51] *Walk Mode Activated*
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Fri Apr 22 16:27:19] You are feeling fatigued.

Long live the Count, Strahd von Zarovich XI!

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
Re: Exhausted/Fatigued While Walking
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 08:23:10 AM »
It feels like something has changed recently, in the last month or two. As if the exhaustion threshold has been significantly lowered.

In February, my high constitution PC could run the length of whole domains and get only mildly tired. Now, that PC seems to exhaust within a map or two.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 08:54:47 AM »
I have noticed this as well.

Willy

• Undead Master
  • Still the Sobek guy. Try again, loosers.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 08:57:30 AM »
Same. My Ranger with Endurance feat and a 1 CON modifier gets exhausted at the same rate, if not even quicker, than my 1 CON modifier sorcerer alt. It's weird. He used to be able to make the whole run from Vallaki to Tser Pool without getting exhausted, nowadays I can barely get behind the mist wall before exhaustion hits.
"If secrecy fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of his victim. If he cannot silence her absolutely, he tries to make sure no one listens.”
- Judith Lewis Herman

I won't stay silent.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »
I've double checked to make sure but we haven't made any changes to Exhaustion in recent months.

Calad

• Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 10:29:26 AM »
I've double checked to make sure but we haven't made any changes to Exhaustion in recent months.

Is getting exhausted while walking/unencumbered normal then?

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 10:43:38 AM »

It very much shouldn't be.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 10:45:54 AM »

If you went over the exhaustion threshold while running, but then stop and walk before another check happens, but not long enough to have brought it back down below the exhaustion threshold, you could still get hit with it to my understanding of the system.

Calad

• Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 11:12:44 AM »

If you went over the exhaustion threshold while running, but then stop and walk before another check happens, but not long enough to have brought it back down below the exhaustion threshold, you could still get hit with it to my understanding of the system.

I assumed that would be the case for the last screenshot since there was little time apart between the check and the walkmode activation, though it doesn't explain how I went down to 'energy returning' then 'exhausted' while in Walk Mode in the first screenshot. Maybe things just.. get wobbly every now and then.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 04:18:32 PM »
maybe there is a delay between the system message and the check or the application of the penalty?

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured