You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Ghost lost immunities and ghostly properties  (Read 637 times)

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
Ghost lost immunities and ghostly properties
« on: October 05, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »
Name: Ghost lost immunities and ghostly properties

Where: Har'Akir - the outside troll area 2

When: It happened around 5:30 PM UTC 0 today 5th of october 2020

What: My level 18 cleric was fighting the trolls, when I cast Ethereal Jaunt and decided to hop over a blade barrier I had set up. A troll took damage, canceling the Ethereal jaunt. I took massive damage from the blade barriers as I crossed them, and died. As I took my character's ghost back to the badly impaired corpse, I saw a ERROR TOO MANY SCRIPTS in the combat and just about the same time, my ghost went from a translucent ghostly thing to normal looking. All the immunities and other properties of being a ghost were gone, but I did check if I could cast or use items and I couldn't, so it was registering me as a spirit.  The "ghost" was still in the non-hostile spirit faction and was not attacked by the lingering trolls, although some of them appeared as hostile and some did not. I was assisted by two players and notably, damage could be dealt to my ghost, and it could be seen without see-invisibility. The resurrection worked, fortunately.

I was told that sometimes when this sort of thing happens, the ghost needs to get knockdowned in order for them to be raised properly.

Recreate: -

Ideas: I think this bug may have to do with Ethereal Jaunt's duration ending when you're a ghost, or the combined effects of ethereal jaunt and self-inflicted damage leading to death.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:43:46 PM by Fungal Artillery »
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
Re: Ghost lost immunities and ghostly properties
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
Did the ghost immunities disappear from the character sheet, or from the buff bar?

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
Re: Ghost lost immunities and ghostly properties
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »
Did the ghost immunities disappear from the character sheet, or from the buff bar?

Both.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon