Author Topic: Ghost entering the world.  (Read 575 times)

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
Ghost entering the world.
« on: October 05, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
After the recent hak update, a player in discord said they can't enter the world as a ghost, because they can't relevel as a ghost.

So either let ghosts be able to level up in the OOC area, or let them enter the world without leveling

e: to clarify, I think ghosts should be able to enter the world, for spirit RP reasons. Bad enough they died, are out possibly weapons & gold, and are possibly corpsehidden. Not being able to spirit RP for OOC reasons out of their control would certainly feel like salt in the wound to me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 12:16:43 PM by Kaninchen »

slash

• Dark Lord
Re: Ghost entering the world.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »
After the recent hak update, a player in discord said they can't enter the world as a ghost, because they can't relevel as a ghost.

So either let ghosts be able to level up in the OOC area, or let them enter the world without leveling

e: to clarify, I think ghosts should be able to enter the world, for spirit RP reasons. Bad enough they died, are out possibly weapons & gold, and are possibly corpsehidden. Not being able to spirit RP for OOC reasons out of their control would certainly feel like salt in the wound to me.

Ghosts can relevel in the OOC area. I did it just after this last reset using the @relevel command.
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 02:18:58 PM »
I wonder if that player wasn't doing the relevel properly then.  I don't' recall their discord name to message them if they were doing the "@relevel confirm" part of it at present. Will research it when I get home from work. Maybe.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 02:32:33 PM »
Seems it was input error, and the player was able to do the relevel command, to enter the world. So...delete thread? Maybe.  Close/lock? I don't know these things *shifty eyes*