Author Topic: Pit Fiend Fortitude Saves are too high? [Resolved]  (Read 709 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Pit Fiend Fortitude Saves are too high? [Resolved]
« on: October 03, 2020, 02:25:18 PM »
Edit
If the Pit Fiend has 39 spellcraft (bonuses from intelligence included), that would explain the score.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 03:50:27 PM by tylernwn »

Marcus Weyland

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
You haven't given the exact number which is fine, but Pit Fiends on the SRD have 31 ranks of Spellcraft, which on PotM provides bonuses to saving throws vs. most spells. I'd expect that alone would bring the SRD pit fiend's Fortitude save vs. magic up to 24 or so.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
You haven't given the exact number which is fine, but Pit Fiends on the SRD have 31 ranks of Spellcraft, which on PotM provides bonuses to saving throws vs. most spells. I'd expect that alone would bring the SRD pit fiend's Fortitude save vs. magic up to 24 or so.

The spellcraft bonus does actually bring the fort save value much closer to the value in game, but the in game value is still higher. I don't know if bonuses from attribute scores to spellcraft also get factored into the bonus? If so, that might account for the difference?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 03:08:48 PM by tylernwn »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Pit Fiend Fortitude Saves are too high?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »
I edited the original post to remove links to illegal copyrighted content. Don’t post links to such content here.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Re: Pit Fiend Fortitude Saves are too high?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 11:46:56 PM »
I edited the original post to remove links to illegal copyrighted content. Don’t post links to such content here.

Use the system reference document. WotC made what's called the "Open Gaming License" which allows for all the mechanics from the "core books" to be posted online and used by other game developers to create third party content for D&D (publishers are required to state which version of the OGL agreement they are using when publishing content and include a copy of the OGL in their books, but this does not apply to general users like us). It's the best resource to use when discussing stats online as everything in the SRD is printed exactly as in the books.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 12:15:36 AM by Khornite »
"No, you." -Captain America