Author Topic: [The Adventures of the Hero Red]  (Read 733 times)

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
[The Adventures of the Hero Red]
« on: September 30, 2020, 04:20:04 AM »
This short story is left in inn rooms about Barovia.

Red the Gorilla

a story for children

In a distant and nameless jungle there lived a strange creature. He was not quite a man, but not quite a beast. A gorilla with dreams of being a hero. The beasts of the nameless jungle were not impressed by the great treasures the gorilla gathered. They never cheered when he hit things! So the gorilla went in search of the wise woman of the jungles. "None of the beasts of the jungle recognise my magnificence!" cried the gorilla, "how will I be a hero if no one will tell me I am the greatest?"

The wise woman considered the gorilla's problem for some time before replying. "Wear this armour of men and you will be able to walk among them. If you are a true hero, they will recognise it. But beware-." Hooting with excitement the gorilla snatched the armour and departed, caring not for the wise woman's warning.

So it was that the armoured gorilla arrived in the world of man. He marched proudly, for he knew he was the strongest. He was the greatest. He was a true hero. The smallfolk came out into the streets to meet this newcomer. "What is your name, stranger?" one asked. The gorilla paused. He had never had a name. He looked down at his armour, noticing the colour, then back at the crowd. "I am the mighty Red" he declared, "the GREATEST of heroes; if any doubt or mock me? I will hurt them! Because that... Is what heroes do."

So began the adventures of Red.

But that is a tale for another time.

Katja Vinter
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:54:56 AM by PlatointheCave »

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Re: [The Adventures of the Hero Red]
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:42:19 AM »
[Scribbled at the end of various copies.]

"Red on Red was better. Uninspired. 2/10.]
"No, you." -Captain America