Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Biographies

Conversations with a Bear [Vilde Patos]

(1/1)

Rubi:
Water drips from the ceiling onto a thin, glossy stalagmite. A soft breeze whistles through the rocky shafts. A shuffle of old bones, musk-infused moss, and a shake of a shaggy fur coat. A timeless cave.

"Mama - be easy. It's just me, girl."

A faint, rumbling rock slide of a low groan and loud snuffles.

"Jao, girl, jao! Come sit next to me- I've your favorite! Fresh trout and berries. That's a girl."

The pleased snorting of a matronly ursine and the satisfied, wet sounds of beastly consumption.

"It doesn't take much to make you happy, Mamarux. I envy that of you." The soft sigh of a tired and weary soul "You know, girl...sometimes I want nothing more than to just spend the rest of my life here and live like you. You're smarter than any of us down in the city, aren't you? You've got it all figured out."

The huntress pretends to hear an affirmation.

"Exactly. Things will be alright, one day. Just have to be strong and capable, like you."

A rising and a shuffle of dirt and dusty armor.

"Don't worry, love. They're all going to pay."

Rubi:
"Was I wrong, Mamarux?"

The cave has not changed. Has never changed. The slick, lichen-coated walls have never cared for tears - why would they? They had been dripping with their own for countless ages.

"Are they wrong? Is anyone in the right on this? All I want is to be with Florette. But what if she is the monster they claim?"

The shaggy fur of the bear is not the cleanest or least-infested blanket, but it is one the huntress clings to as tightly as her mother's skirts.

"Do I have the strength to do what must be done? Or will I share a grave with the woman I married?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version