Author Topic: Divine Feats cancel Combat Modes  (Read 830 times)

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
Divine Feats cancel Combat Modes
« on: September 08, 2020, 02:55:07 AM »
Divine Might and Divine Shield cancel combat modes like Expertise and Improved Expertise. This was previously not the case, similar to how most free actions don't break Expertise, so I believe it to be a bug.

I did not test this with any of our new divine feats like Divine Vigor or the like, as I do not have them.

Recreating this bug is easy enough: activate Expertise, then use Divine Might or Divine Shield.
Vicerimus Mortem.

slash

• Dark Lord
Re: Divine Feats cancel Combat Modes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »
Divine Vigor does not cancel Expertise/IE but I can confirm that Divine Might and Shield do.
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 03:16:41 AM »
Just a brief bump to see if this is being looked at and if others can contribute any information to this re: other divine feats (shieldmaiden's etc) and other combat modes. I know we have a plethora of paladins parading about right now, and with the duration of combats and the inconsistency of reapplying Expertise this is a pretty severe point of pain.

I did test this somewhere with traditional full action DM/DS, and it wasn't dropping Expertise, so I'm not convinced this is a Beamdog issue. It also cropped up shortly before the Big Update, rather than after.

Edit: I remembered that I have power attack buried away somewhere. The DM/DS don't cancel Power Attack, only expertise.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:54:43 PM by Revenant »
Vicerimus Mortem.

JayJay

• Undead Slayer
  • Do Better.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »
This is still a pretty big issue! Hoping to see this fixed soon :( It gets pretty tough dealing with having to switch a bunch of things on/off mid combat that are supposed to work with each other.