You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Druid and Metallic Armor  (Read 637 times)

Whistlefoot

• Undead Slayer
Druid and Metallic Armor
« on: August 31, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »
Upon logging on my druid and checking out the recent changes I equipped my Enchanted Ironwood Tower Shield, which in game is described as being made from wood and having the same protection as metal, I suddenly got a item in my inventory "Character Attributes" looks like it's my Background skill bonuses or something. Also, he is wearing Steel Banded Mail, but I'm getting the message claiming I can't cast anything each time I re-equip the shield. Also, even after resting I was unable to even cast spells, upon taking his armor off and then resting I was able to cast a spell, but after putting the armor back on... can't cast anything ever, same with the shield.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Druid and Metallic Armor
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:26:40 PM »
The shield is likely updating the message when it rechecks whether your armour or your shield is metal.

Your Steel Banded Mail appears to be the offending item, as you were only able to cast a spell after taking it off.

Chitin armour is a druidic substitute to look into wearing instead.

Its also possible that the tower shield being a tower shield is an offending item too, considering the druidic oath prohibits anything larger than large, regardless of material type.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:28:59 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 08:36:50 PM »
If you have attributes in your inventory, I believe the fix is to quickslot the "item," and them equip from the quickslot

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 10:51:02 AM »
I'll fix the character attributes bug.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 10:36:03 PM »
[...] considering the druidic oath prohibits anything larger than large, regardless of material type.

The druidic oath as written in the 3.5e PHB only prohibits the use of metal shields and armors. Nothing else.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.