You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: All characters on old account are gone?  (Read 1003 times)

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
All characters on old account are gone?
« on: August 28, 2020, 02:16:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

I recently rejoined after a long absence of ~10 years. After tracking down my original player account, I noticed that all characters I used to play are no longer there. Is there some way to recover this, or is it back to square 1?

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
  • "Maudlyn" Argali Dupont, Lazula Zhuelke, and more
Re: All characters on old account are gone?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:21:19 PM »
 From my understanding, some time around... 6-7 years ago there was an ultimatum or 'deadline' to log in on older characters or they would be wiped. I don't recall the specifics, but yes, I've lost characters myself from this event.

Maybe someone can elaborate beyond that. God bless.

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »
I see. That's a pity...

Back to the drawing board!

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 06:21:02 PM »
From my understanding, some time around... 6-7 years ago there was an ultimatum or 'deadline' to log in on older characters or they would be wiped. I don't recall the specifics, but yes, I've lost characters myself from this event.

Maybe someone can elaborate beyond that. God bless.

I don't believe they were wiped per se, Soren just moved them off the server. I think you might still be able to get them restored if you get in touch with him.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 04:25:39 PM »

I don't believe they were wiped per se, Soren just moved them off the server. I think you might still be able to get them restored if you get in touch with him.

Ok, will try that. Thanks!