You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Victoria - The Story of a Nobody (Spoilers)  (Read 562 times)

evil.bat

• Undead Slayer
  • dead inside, do not open
Victoria - The Story of a Nobody (Spoilers)
« on: September 02, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »

Transcript:
Spoiler: show
To my dearest Victoria,

One day you will grow into a beautiful woman and you will read this letter. I am sorry that it contains the only words you will ever hear from me, but I hope it will at least bring you some understanding.

As I lay here bleeding and weak, you are kicking and screaming and crying with life. It pains me that instead of holding you, I am writing this to you in hopes that it sets you on the right path. But I somehow expect you will need it, and I also expect I will not survive.

My name is Grace. I am your mother. I was born in the city of Eastminister, just as you were. To make ends meet, I sold my body to men. The madame believed I was attractive, so I was fortunate to mainly service men with bountiful coinpurses; mostly nobles with nothing better to do with their time. Some were abusive.

But even more beautiful than me, is you.

Your father was a gambler, a paying customer like any other. Though he abandoned us both, his blood runs in your veins. Please do not hate him.

It was always my hope that you would have a good life, full of wealth and happiness and joy, and I am saddened that I could not possibly provide that for you. Perhaps I have failed as a mother.

I want you to know that I love you dearly and forever. I pray that by now you are living in a good and nurturing home, but if you are not, then I have truly failed.

I hope you will not hate me, too. You are dear to me and I wanted so much to watch you grow and thrive.

Be safe. Never give up hope.

All my love,
Mother
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 08:29:00 PM by sorrowkitten »