Author Topic: Furniture Not Dismantling  (Read 568 times)

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
Furniture Not Dismantling
« on: August 21, 2020, 05:43:32 PM »
Name: Unremovable Objects

Where: Presumably anywhere, but confirmed in Room 10 of the Governor's Hotel and in the Publique behind the hotel. (See below.)

When: When trying to remove items with the carpenter's kit.

What: I set up two tables (Table 01 and Round, Wood - Small) and some chairs (Dining) in Room 10 at the Governor's Hotel, and when I tried to remove them using the carpenter's kit later, it didn't work. It plays the animation and sound effects, but you do not get the wood back and the items remain in place. I built Table 01 behind the hotel to test if it was an issue exclusive to the room, but experienced the same result.

Recreate: Build a carpentry item, then use the kit on it to try to remove it.

Ideas: An error causing a premature return of the script?

Hathor

• Dark Lord
Re: Furniture Not Dismantling
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
I can confirm I've heard carpenters complaining about this in Novak's as well as other Gov. rooms.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:52:59 PM »
This only occurs after a reset normally, and there's nothing to be done about it.

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 06:02:16 PM »
Does that mean I will be able to remove them after a reset, or it only happens when there has been a reset between the building and removing? If the latter, there was only about an hour between my building and wanting to remove, with no reset. If the former, then thank you! I will wait for the next one.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:49:43 PM by fenixphire »

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »
Adding to this. I made a placeable, then tried to dismantle it. The wood deposited into the carpenter's box instead of into my inventory. The placeable I constructed did not leave. As long as I removed the wood from carpenter's box, you could infinitely harvest wood from one placeable.
"No, you." -Captain America

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 07:16:46 PM »
Adding to this. I made a placeable, then tried to dismantle it. The wood deposited into the carpenter's box instead of into my inventory. The placeable I constructed did not leave. As long as I removed the wood from carpenter's box, you could infinitely harvest wood from one placeable.

That's a bug; I'll fix it.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 03:16:28 PM »
The carpentry system is being weird in general, not just with the rentable locations. I set up a couple bits of furniture in the wilds, and when I went to dismantle it all, some of it didn't give back any wood, while others refused to dismantle but refunded the resources. (Which lead to duplicating wood). The bug doesn't appear consistent either, when I tried it again, it refused to dismantle the furniture and didn't refund the wood.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 11:17:24 PM »
This should now be fixed.