Author Topic: [A sketchbook bound in a dark blue velvet]  (Read 322 times)

Laur

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
[A sketchbook bound in a dark blue velvet]
« on: November 26, 2021, 02:39:52 PM »
[A gouache painting of a glass of red wine]

Written opposite the simple painting reads the following;

My time in Borca has given me time to reflect on much. I grow ever thankful for my family by the day. Though my relationship with each of them can be complicated, I know they each care for one thing above all else and that is what is good for all of us.

Marriage, leadership, how much gold I have in my pocket to throw away. Does any of that matter as much as Marco being safe, as Ella being happy, as Nadia being able to pursue art. As… whatever it is Basile does.

Many have proven loyal to my family. Many have proven to be loyal only to their own interests. To themselves. Why stay with your family, or why get hired by one, if you don’t want to be loyal to anyone but yourself? I might never know, but what I do understand is that those who can prove that they think of the collective good of the whole should be cared for, valued, and rewarded as if they were born into it. This time in Borca has shown me it is time to care for the collective wants and needs of my family over my own fleeting desires.