Author Topic: Greater Catacombs Beneath the Village Bugs  (Read 519 times)

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
Greater Catacombs Beneath the Village Bugs
« on: August 08, 2020, 11:42:53 PM »
Today I decided to run the Greater Catacombs for the first time, wasn't sure why no one runs this dungeon. Judging from what happened I see why. Got three areas in and slowly killed a group of ghosts. I finish up only for an entire group of a dozen hellhounds to spawn all around me, box me in, and destroy me. I assume it might be an incorrectly placed trigger that didn't trigger until I stepped right on the exact spawn point for that group.

After talking about this on the Discord it seems that the bugs for the Greater Catacombs are infamous to the point where no one runs the dungeon lest they fall victim to them, thus I'm making this thread so other people can share other bugs and ill experiences they've had with the Greater Catacombs.
The Chaos Gods did nothing wrong!

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Re: Greater Catacombs Beneath the Village Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 12:16:06 AM »
We covered how the hellhounds can stealth but I think you are the one who said you have pretty high spot. You might be able to detect them reliably, maybe not, but from your description of the way they just phased in all around you and took a couple seconds to notice you, it does sound like they spawned on top of you. Times like this it's really nice to have a video. The dungeons underneath Barovia really are weird and buggy. :(
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.