Author Topic: [Action] AoE spells damage players  (Read 189 times)

Maffa

• New to the Mists
[Action] AoE spells damage players
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »
As per title, Action should be a no PVP server, and AoE spells do damage players.

Verro Diabolico

• New to the Mists
Re: [Action] AoE spells damage players
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:39:43 AM »
As per title, Action should be a no PVP server, and AoE spells do damage players.
AoE spells damaging players is not a problem related to PVP, it become a problem if players use them to grief other players.
IMHO the solution is not removing the AoE damage, but report players that use it to do PVP, that is forbidden.
Moreover, if someone feels to be afflicted by other players who break the rules, the solution is to report the bad behavior, not to pay back breaking the rules herself.
AoE damage is an important aspect of tactical combat management, which would never be the same without it.
Cheers

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 02:45:03 PM »
I don't think there's anything we can do efficiently to fix this. As mentioned by Verro, if people grief others using this, it's best to report them.

Maffa

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:14:05 AM »
I had been asked by a DM to properly report the bug in the proper thread and so I did. If there's nothing one can do about it then so be it. Thank you for your consideration.

ObsidianOrb

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:11:52 AM »

At first I thought, how strange, this should be an easy fix, you just change the module settings to prevent party members being damaged by AoE spells, but then I realised that it's an unintended consequence of disabling the party function lol, sometimes the glaringly obvious just isn't obvious at all.

Would it be worth enabling the party function on the action server?

Nemesis 24

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 09:27:53 AM »
I was more under the impression its a result of the difficulty setting.