Author Topic: Question Regarding Deleting Mods  (Read 635 times)

MyNameIsTrout

• New to the Mists
Question Regarding Deleting Mods
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:50:05 PM »
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just a quick question and I'll get out of everyone's hair. Also, if this has been covered in a previous thread, I apologize. I searched and couldn't find anything in the first few pages.

Several years ago I downloaded and installed the Ravenloft modifications to my Steam install of NWN:EE. This was on a crappy old laptop I used to play on. However, I now have a nice new desktop PC and when I installed NWN, all of the menu and UI changes that came with Ravenloft were still active. I have tried Verifying Install Files, I've tried searching for specific files that would obviously be related to Ravenloft, but to no avail. Everytime I uninstall/re-install, it's the same Ravenloft menu and splash screen.

So Ravenloft forum, can you help me out? I'm not as interested in playing Persistent World/RP, and would like my install to go back to vanilla...

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Question Regarding Deleting Mods
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 11:00:14 PM »
Hopefully I'm not misquoting and I don't know this will work for certain, but this is what a developer from Beamdog said recently regarding "reinstalling:"

"Symphony of the Day07/26/2020
That's not really a thing.
I'm sure your Original campaign and vanilla tilesets and crap are fine.
Symphony of the Day07/26/2020
What you should do if you are going for the “reinstall” effect is rename your neverwinter nights folder in your documents folder.
Then you’ll have no “you” stuff. The install folder is the same stuff everyone who buys the game has. So if it’s just you and just this computer, it’s often the documents folder.
Unlike reinstalling, it only takes a minute to test. However, unless you copy over the nwsync to the new neverwinter nights folder that pops up to replace the one you renamed, you’ll have to sit through the NWsync download again to join POTM.
Symphony of the Day07/26/2020
:thumbsup:
Then you can go through your old folder, and move stuff over, testing as you move stuff, and if it starts crashing again, that's the stuff that broke you."

I hope that helps!

Anthaxious

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 04:54:14 AM »
He needs to also unsubscribe from the Steam Workshop items that are making those changes. Check your subscribed Workshop page.

MyNameIsTrout

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 06:57:44 PM »
Thank you! This was a huge help, and I feel like a bit of an idiot not thinking of it myself :/