You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The Timeline and Tale of Hasani Fezim  (Read 547 times)

CorruptiveAries

• Undead Slayer
The Timeline and Tale of Hasani Fezim
« on: July 24, 2020, 01:34:01 AM »

(Side Note: Character does have small horns, was the portrait that best fits his physical description to mirror his traits, and is the in-game portrait)

- - - - - - - - - -

A Dark Beginning

{950 DR} The seed is planted. An Erinyes is brought into the Material Plane, and mated with the hapless mortal who summoned it in a strange ritual to Set. A dark bloodline was created as it coiled through the centuries, to the present....

The Past

{1350 DR} Born in the arid lands of Mulhorand, Hasani was raised in the city of Maerlar, and as with many that reside in Mulhorand, Hasani was a slave. Too young to remember, he was separated from his Mulani parents as an infant. Bought by a master who thought it would serve his reputation to "civilize" a child that (in his eyes) had been marked by Set.

{1360 DR} As he grew and developed, the faint trace of fiendish blood in his veins gave him a violent streak and seeing that he would not be fit as a common servant, at the right age he was put into training with the intention of becoming a house guard for his master. While he took to the training well enough, it was clear he had an over-eagerness to shed blood and seemed to excel in his martial training. 

{1366 DR} Hasani was used in arena fights. For both entertainment, and to win coin for his master. He excelled in this, fighting against other slaves and weaker animals. Hasani's big break came when he by sheer luck, had managed to secure a victory that won him enough coin to convince his Master to let him buy his own freedom. Hasani decided to leave Maerlar along the merchant caravans that often travelled through and made the long journey towards the capital of Skuld so he could begin his new life.

A small caravan welcomed him on their trek towards the capital city. His first real taste of how different he truly was, was made apparent when the caravanners tried to cut off his horns to sell as they had camped for the night. In a fury, he violently defended himself, shrouding the area with darkness and while he was just as blind in the darkness, he did not have the time to process such a power until it faded. Seeing the murder he had committed, he buried the bodies in the sand and took what goods he could carry before heading onwards. Alone. Processing that this was the first time (In his mind) he had truly taken a life outside of the arena.

Days later, he arrived in the grand city of Skuld, and he marveled at the large buildings and the sights of so many people. But the biggest amazement to him was seeing the Alamber Sea for the first time. He kept himself hidden, remembering what he had encountered and being in a new city, he did not wish to become a slave again. Hasani sold what goods he had stolen, to give him enough coin to pay for passage on a ship to leave Mulhorand and see the world. Keeping his heritage as hidden as he could...

{1368 DR} A long journey, Hasani has travelled far from his homelands and arrived in Luskan. From the Alamber Sea in Mulhorand, his journey took him through the Sea of Fallen Stars, past the Vilhon Reach, through the Lake of Steam, into the Shining Sea, and finally north of the Sea of Swords.
Luskan seemed a welcome respite, full of those escaping from their past and fighting their way day-to-day. His nature was revealed accidentally, and Hasani spent a hard life on the streets. Fighting, mugging, anything that would ensure survival. It was here that he learned what he was known by to other people, a "Tiefling". And this harsh lesson shaped his personality and views on survival of the fittest.

{1369 DR} By luck, he met the captain of a vessel, The Seawolf after a tavern brawl, and found that the captain did not seem to shun or turn him away, but was eager to have someone of his skills on his ship. Hasani quickly learned that they were a crew of pirates, and felt as if he had a place now. It was through the crew that he learned of the goddess Beshaba, and how they made sure to give her praise, lest she curse their voyages. Hasani found small respite in this faith compared to the gods he had been raised with, seeing as the Maid of Misfortune was also worshiped by those who had been outcast or given bad luck in the world. And he was gifted a blade, a rapier, as a sign of his newfound "family".

{1372 DR} Hasani along with his crew have made a living pillaging small merchant ships and trading vessels. The crew relishing the fact of using one with fiendish blood to instill fear into those they crossed. Evading capture by those who wanted to try and bring them to justice and living a carefree (Yet selfish) life on the seas. That is until the fateful night a large storm seemed to appear. Lightning cracked, and the waters rocked the ship. The crew did their best to try and find their way back to land but the winds were too strong. The last Hasani saw was a great wave crash into the ship, and then darkness as he fell beneath the waters...

He awoke, drenched, confused, and lost in this new world, that he has now learned to be Barovia, and time will tell what is in store for him in the future...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:59:11 AM by CorruptiveAries »
CST-Based Player

Active Characters: Enryn Lewe
Infrequent Characters: Hasani Fezim, Phades Atclin
Shelved Characters: Too many to list.

CorruptiveAries

• Undead Slayer
Re: The Timeline and Tale of Hasani Fezim
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 12:27:51 AM »
Summertide 18 1372 DR - I woke up, my clothes were damp from the ocean water and I was in a field of grass. I do not know who dragged me to land but I am alive. I think. I do not think I am dead. I heard drums and heard people and saw people around a fire with wagons. The sky is full of clouds and bats fly everywhere...more bats than I have ever seen before! This place feels strange...something in me, maybe my blood, feels drawn to this place. I spoke with the woman in the wagon and she read her cards to me and told me my "fortune". I need to remember what she said about the cards in case they come true.

"Hooded Man (Me) - Prone to evil, by stupidity or deception, or where violence is the answer. Xenophobia, bigotry, intolerance. Mission is not known, but not one of goodness or justice.
Ghost (Past) - Our past is always with us, even when we think we leave them behind. The past may come to affect present.
Horseman (Opposition) - Bringer of death and disaster. Loss of things dear. Grave danger and calamity await. A bad omen.
Mists (Future) - Mystery and the unexpected mark the future. Things of importance will happen to or around me.
Donjon (Friends and Allies) - Isolation and Imprisonment. Not always a physical prison. Seek allies in unlikely places and keep eyes to the ground. Not all paths are on the surface."

I pressed onward and I saw a large temple. A woman told me there was bloodsuckers running around and to go into the temple. I went inside...and it was very run down. The symbol of the sun seemed familiar somehow. Lathander, I think.

I heard others talk of this place...I am an, "Outlander" and I was "Misted" but there was no mist. Just water. Strange.

There are others here, and I listened to their words. This place is not kind to foreigners or those who are different. I must stay on my guard.
Later I met an elf. He seemed sickly and told me his name is Seneca, and had a lantern on him. He was a nice fellow but he is short. I call him "Little One" because it makes me laugh when I see how he reacts to that name. He is a more than a foot shorter than me! I talked to him more and he comes from another land in this place. "Darkon". He knows more of this than I do. I need to learn more if I am to survive. He also confided that he is a mage, or as locals here call it, a "witch". Unlike back at home, magic here is seen with fear and it is a death sentence. But he needed me to assist with a task.

He hired me to kill beetles for him and collect the mandibles, and I need the coin. I will need to see where this goes.

Summertide 19 1372 DR - The beetles went well and we got some decent coin out of the treasures. We talked more, I never really talked to elves before, or saw them. But his magic is very helpful to me in battle and this is a major boon. For a short frail elf, his magic is strong. I will need to remember not to anger him. We gathered wolf pelts and made decent coin from them too. I thought I was going to have to gut the elf when I showed him my horns. He called me a fiend and I thought he was going to run and alert everyone! But now we have a mutual secret.

It was not easy but I think in a way he trusts me, even if I had to threaten him. I still must be careful...he can hide his magic. I can not hide my nature. But as I talk to him more, he proves he is honest. A good quality. But even honest folk have their price. He is a good little elf, even if he does not like my way of doing
things.

Summertide 22 1372 DR - I saw the "Mists" folk spoke of, and made an ally. She hails from a land called Maztica. Tenoch is her name, and she is a warrior as I am. But of a different stripe. Nothing happened with these mists when I saw them. Little One (A note indicating Seneca) warned me these fogs are dangerous. In a way we have bonded. We both provide mutual needs to the other. I can handle the things that need a blade, he can handle the magic.

As we have learned more, his fear seems to lessen. I am still cautious, I hear the locals and other "outlanders" speak of the garda and I have seen how the garda reacted when they spotted my face...a helmet is better than a hood. I do not want to be hunted down like a rabid dog, but I will go down fighting if I must. The elf is curious of me, which I find curious. Maybe it is a mage thing, as he wants to learn of my ancestry and the powers my blood holds.

I enjoy his company. Seeing these strange nights and in this harsh lands, I need all the help I can get. And if there are wolf-men and bloodsuckers, I need protection. I can kill and rob sailors with ease, but monsters? This is not what my training was for.

Summertide 23 1372 DR - Something in this place calls to me still. Not me, but my blood. I know it now. I feel it calling me, urging me to seek violence. To enjoy the screams and cries of pain more than I have before. It is like there is a pulling in my blood that wants to be here, to seek it out. I do not share this with Little One, it will frighten him. And I do not want to ruin the bond.

Maybe I will find more answers about myself. I have also learned from a group I adventured with there is a desert land, far from this "Barovia" that has priests and magic. They say it is called "Har'Akir" but it reminds me of Mulhorand the way they spoke of it. The group was a band of outcasts too. I did not share what I was with them. Little One warned me not to let others know what I am and seeing the Garda and the times they have looked my way, I will heed that warning.
I think Little One needs me. His words say he is lost in this land, but he knows of this place. That is more than I do. And he is good to travel with as I learn and improve my fighting. I can only hope that Beshaba looks the other way and does not let me fall in this place.

Summertide 24 1372 DR - This place rains too much. The ground is always muddy and wet, and smells of rain and dirt. I crave the seas! The salt in the air! But I have been told there is no ocean that leads back to Luskan. I accept that my crew must be dead, or they would be here with me. We (Little One and Myself) went to the tower in the woods and we found alot of treasures. Fighting the undead was invigorating! Seeing them fall beneath my blade, their weapons do not hurt me with the magic Little One used on me. But, it is more coin, and I hope I can find some better equipment from the folk the others call "Vistani".

Some of what the Vistani woman's fortunes have said were true...Little One and others have said the fortunes the Vistani tell are often never wrong. I wonder what this means then. Time will tell. It is no matter. I am liking this partnership. I hope it does not end. I have never encountered one who did not see just my blood and nothing else. It is curious and strange. Must not show weakness to others. Weakness gets you killed. Always remember that those who are strong survive to see the next day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:01:20 AM by CorruptiveAries »
CST-Based Player

CorruptiveAries

• Undead Slayer
Re: The Timeline and Tale of Hasani Fezim
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »
Summertide 29 1372 DR - I have gotten better at fighting. Many things have happened since the last time I wrote in this. Me and Little One travelled and went to the woods to slay the dark spirits that live there, but it was empty and quiet. It was unsettling, the fog in the woods, knowing one may appear like the did before. But I had a great victory! We ran into wolf-men, he was hidden by his magic but I was still protected by the magic. I slew one of the wolf-men and badly wounded another before it fled into the night. The moon revealed more wolves on the path, I could see them in the darkness. Waiting to attack.

Then I had to be "hero" in the crypts. A man was dying and a group that had travelled in them had bad luck. Beshaba looked their way. I pity their bad luck. But I am learning more of Little One. It is strange, he shows care for me, it is unusual and I do not know what this means. Something strange courses through my blood when I am around him and I do not know what to do. I want to keep him around. He does not show me cruelty, and he is not afraid of my blood. I have heeded his warning and kept my blood secret. He warns that others will react badly.

I also had a stroke of good luck, and acquired a new blade! It glows with flames, and it has proved to be useful for battle. I did not get it by battle, a dwarf and a gnome (I think) were being..."charitable". It was strange, why do such things? For no payment? Maybe it is a non-human thing. I await to see what other things I can acquire in this land. I have already found better armor. And as my skills grow, soon I will be able to plunder what I can find. Little One seems confident in what can be achieved. I will need to see what else I can find, and acquire more gold. The armor cost almost all of my coin to get it, but it was worth every one.
(A Side Note: I hate this constant rain here - We also encountered blood suckers. Many of them, how many people have been made into them?!)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:32:38 AM by CorruptiveAries »
CST-Based Player