You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Switch Issues  (Read 829 times)

noah25

• Dark Lord
Switch Issues
« on: June 22, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
For the most part gameplay on the switch is really clean and nice. Theres only been two large issues I have had (minus adjusting to new forms of combat).

1) You crash every time you rest. This is not something that happens in the base game so I assume its POTM specific. You get all the benefits of resting but you crash as soon as the rest message generates. This is a bit problematic on a server where resting is your indicator for xp gain.

2) I might have just not figured out how to do it but bartering doesn't seem possible on the switch. You have the option to initiate it and the correct windows come up but there doesn't seem a way to move items from your inventory into the barter window.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Switch Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 04:01:14 AM »
Probably best to report these directly to Beamdog, as we don't work on engine-level stuff, which the latter, at least, seems to be (I'm not sure about the former). Do you crash on resting in vanilla?
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

don't hate me I'm smARD

• Society of the Erudite
  • New to the Mists
  • Я роняю запад.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 06:08:38 AM »
He said he's not . Can you do a test noah ? go to like Village of Barovia, or go below Vallaki churhc cript read a statue, or any place where floating texts automatically generates and see if you crash there or not.

Also what I would suggest is to manually copy-paste the haks and tlk's overrdies, insteald of that automatic download and try again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 06:19:39 AM by Th'rar »
Th'rar
Lathalin Falvanti

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 01:13:09 AM »
I can confirm that I am not. It is only happening upon resting. And as far as I can tell its a server specific issue.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:38:22 AM »
Also what I would suggest is to manually copy-paste the haks and tlk's overrdies, insteald of that automatic download and try again.

Pretty sure you cannot do that on the Switch.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 03:44:28 PM »
Not on the Switch hard drive. But, on the scandisk card you can add a hak folder and augment the game. However never done it so suggest you look up any tips.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Guulthalak

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 07:53:14 PM »
I as well as some others I've spoken to recently experienced the rest crash bug, and it definitely has to do with automatically generated floating text. You can disable it in the rest menu by pressing Y and then selecting Toggle Feedback Messages. Disable the rest message.

This same type of floating text appears when you try to select a subrace/origin as well, causing the same type of crash. If you have encountered or found a fix for this, I would love to hear it.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 11:03:00 AM »
If you disable it will you still see the text in the chat box, just not floating?