You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Familiar - Feedback & Suggestions  (Read 554 times)

ObsidianOrb

Familiar - Feedback & Suggestions
« on: June 15, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »
I really love how you put in a new familiar which isn't flying, and I love how it's a Fox, but regrettably the model has some issues. First of all the tail is bad, and the model is jankey, it stutters & vibrates, it's not good. So I propose that the Arctic Fox gets changed to....the Fox. There's a really great model for the Fox, and it doesn't take any great leap of the imagination to Swap out Arctic Fox for regular Fox.

Also a tiny Spider, a Toad (the Codi version), or a Dire Rat would be awesome as familiars, and would fit really well with the Transylvania horror theme of Ravenloft.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Familiar - Feedback & Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
I really love how you put in a new familiar which isn't flying, and I love how it's a Fox, but regrettably the model has some issues. First of all the tail is bad, and the model is jankey, it stutters & vibrates, it's not good. So I propose that the Arctic Fox gets changed to....the Fox. There's a really great model for the Fox, and it doesn't take any great leap of the imagination to Swap out Arctic Fox for regular Fox.

Also a tiny Spider, a Toad (the Codi version), or a Dire Rat would be awesome as familiars, and would fit really well with the Transylvania horror theme of Ravenloft.

Actually it's a Silver Fox, not an arctic fox, and we changed the model with the latest hak update, to be essentially the same as the regular fox but retextured. Also, Silver Foxes are a canon familiar in Ravenloft, which was the key reason why they were added, whereas regular foxes are just that, foxes.

Otherwise there are no short term plans to add more familiars; adding familiars takes a lot of time since you need to create 20 variations of the same creature.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:44:26 PM by EO »