You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The PC belonging to this corpse does not appear to be dead  (Read 567 times)

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
The PC belonging to this corpse does not appear to be dead
« on: June 14, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »
Been seeing this and some other various issues with people dying lately.  Seems there's a bug related to being downed or corpsed.  Might also reference the thread here https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=54745.msg654517#msg654517 as the two bugs might be related.

As it is, there seems to be an issue where you cannot rez a corpse using normal means (Lizuca or the rez spell)

lordmelkayar

• New to the Mists
Re: The PC belonging to this corpse does not appear to be dead
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »
Bump.

My character needs rez, so, yeah.

Help us out, DMs :)

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 11:38:51 AM »
Yep, I’ve seen this a few times recently as well. I’ve found that if you kill the ghost, then continuing killing it once the ghost is bleeding out. It will officially kill the character and then all allow the priest to raise it. Not sure what’s causing the bug though.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 11:50:58 AM »
ah, thanks for the work around @hopeisthecarrot it's not idea, but it's something that should help those that are stuck as a ghost.

Dagoth

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »
got some bug. It happend with my friend char Cord Norton. Can't revive him. Game says that  "PC belongs to this corpse is not dead" or something like that.