Author Topic: Smelting, Smithing, Gilding: The Slow Crawl  (Read 4153 times)

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
Re: Smelting, Smithing, Gilding: The Slow Crawl
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2020, 05:51:40 PM »
New leather types. Curing and hide boiling made significantly less painful.

Thank god, leather boiling was a nightmare to level. The ancient dire beasts are always a pain to get. Can we maybe make it so more components can create sturdy boiled leather?

Ancient Dire Bear is not currently the only way to get sturdy boiled leather. There is at least one, although I believe multiple other ways to do it.

I never said it was? I said "beasts" not "bear".

Ah, apologies. That’s a misread on my part. Although, in that case I would argue that the Ancient Dire Crocodiles are not all that hard to come by.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2020, 06:17:27 PM »

The keyword was "too many". Nothing wrong with several grand masters around. The current in-game balance seems adequate.

The server culture is, and has been, for a very long time, been based around character closure, and moving on to new characters.  This is at direct odds with the crafting levelling requirements, particularly if my observation about current grandmasters is in fact correct.  If the work to master crafts is excessive, for no other reason than to artificially keep numbers low  (which by the way is based on an abstract observation, less of a direct in game observation, and secondly honestly achieves little if not nothing other than just having a low number to rely upon) then the individuals who master crafts have next to zero motivation to closure said characters and create new stories.  In fact, its two fold.  Not only are they not motivated to do so because the idea of starting again is, to all observations, a ghastly, horrible and draining concept, but the players need them to remain.  The alternatives simply are not present.  There is enough perpetual demand to always keep them in play.  This is a direct contravention to character closure culture.  You are asking what appears to be an excessive demand for people to go through that drudgery and then have to do it again over and over.

Simply put, if you want to encourage server culture of closure and people making new characters and stories, rather than being around forever, making crafting a fun diversion and not a mind numbing chore would be a good place to start.  As it is, personally speaking?  I'd rather sit in a tavern for hours with no one around than pick up a mining pick for so much as one minute.
[/quote]

Not the main part of the post, so I"ll keep it short, but this is up to the player if they want to closure, or not. If they have fun doing the crafting life, I see no reason for them  to stop doing so.  A different topic, probably, but perhaps somehow have an option of closered master-crafters popping up as NPCs in various crafting places?  Perhaps with some tips on where to find some resources at, or some hints on how to get started (not that EA's tutorial videos are not superb!).

I look forward to seeing what the new changes bring. I witnessed a debate/discussion about how it might make adamantine not nearly as in demand, which would address some of the grind concerns. Maybe.

Yesper

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 02:37:34 AM »

The keyword was "too many". Nothing wrong with several grand masters around. The current in-game balance seems adequate.

The server culture is, and has been, for a very long time, been based around character closure, and moving on to new characters.  This is at direct odds with the crafting levelling requirements, particularly if my observation about current grandmasters is in fact correct.  If the work to master crafts is excessive, for no other reason than to artificially keep numbers low  (which by the way is based on an abstract observation, less of a direct in game observation, and secondly honestly achieves little if not nothing other than just having a low number to rely upon) then the individuals who master crafts have next to zero motivation to closure said characters and create new stories.  In fact, its two fold.  Not only are they not motivated to do so because the idea of starting again is, to all observations, a ghastly, horrible and draining concept, but the players need them to remain.  The alternatives simply are not present.  There is enough perpetual demand to always keep them in play.  This is a direct contravention to character closure culture.  You are asking what appears to be an excessive demand for people to go through that drudgery and then have to do it again over and over.

Simply put, if you want to encourage server culture of closure and people making new characters and stories, rather than being around forever, making crafting a fun diversion and not a mind numbing chore would be a good place to start.  As it is, personally speaking?  I'd rather sit in a tavern for hours with no one around than pick up a mining pick for so much as one minute.

Not the main part of the post, so I"ll keep it short, but this is up to the player if they want to closure, or not. If they have fun doing the crafting life, I see no reason for them  to stop doing so.  A different topic, probably, but perhaps somehow have an option of closered master-crafters popping up as NPCs in various crafting places?  Perhaps with some tips on where to find some resources at, or some hints on how to get started (not that EA's tutorial videos are not superb!).

I look forward to seeing what the new changes bring. I witnessed a debate/discussion about how it might make adamantine not nearly as in demand, which would address some of the grind concerns. Maybe.
[/quote]

Seeing more NPCs pop up paying homage to characters not closured via retirement would be hella interesting tbh.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 03:18:12 AM »
Grand Master ??! what is Grand Master ?? which class, it is Monk?? What level ??? Where do i sign to be one ?? also crafting is boring i rather let other do the boring stuff and just throw money at them to get things i want.

But recently i tried crafting alchemical arrow took me awhile getting basic done and i think i might ruined my f12 keyboard button for repeating triggering and my mouse button but that okey part of process so don't worry who ever inventing crafting system i am not blaming you or sending bills to your home.:banghead: But i would like a feature that tell me crafting XP point in each weapon or helmet or armor i'm doing after i crafted it successfully or failed instead of click to crafting menu and using my brain calculating the point subtraction from the last point i think i had to the new point i'm getting. it is real pain. Thanks you for reading.  :cookie: