Author Topic: Negative energy shield is borked  (Read 879 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Negative energy shield is borked
« on: June 13, 2020, 06:21:39 PM »
I was below tergs on a rescue, Negative energy shield in place...it did NOTHING to stop negative energy at all...was dead in 2.5 seconds

https://imgur.com/R0RwLYT

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Re: Negative energy shield is borked
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 08:33:04 PM »
The spell is altered in PotM to grant 50% protection from damage rather than total immunity. The 16 damage seems a bit high even if reduced, though. Assuming you have checked items for vulnerability maluses.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
The spell is altered in PotM to grant 50% protection from damage rather than total immunity. The 16 damage seems a bit high even if reduced, though. Assuming you have checked items for vulnerability maluses.

None of my gear has vulnerability to Negative energy.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 10:06:51 PM »

Seems to be fine to me, maybe you were hit to bleeding out or something and lost your buffs at some point, but it's difficult to tell when the screenshot is after the fact - no buffs would be apparent in the top right corner of your screen indicating you are meant to be immune (partially or otherwise) to negative energy damage.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:35:15 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »
When I have had the buff up, the messages are similar to the Ebony Thicket screenshot--that is, it shows the damage reduction. The Alestra screenshot does not show the damage reduction being applied.

I wonder whether something did indeed debuff you. Because the last time I was in the Tergs and used a Neg Energy potion, its effects were gone (I thought) very quickly. I assumed the potion just had a short duration, but it did seem unusually short.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 10:16:42 PM »
I was getting damage the moment I walked down there with negative energy protection in place, 2's and 3's at a time.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 10:26:43 PM »
Really is hard to say why then.

I know in the rooms before it, there are vampire fledgling priests that cast dispel magic.

I also know that, once, I saw after a very, very heavy lag shortly after I'd applied all my buffs to my character, they were all immediately dispelled, though I've only seen that happen once this year, and before the recent fixes to what was causing the massive lag a month or two ago.

Regardless the actual spell is working as intended during my testing. How or why that spell didn't apply correctly to just you / was removed from you is another thing entirely.

The average weather damage is about 5 and 6 in that area, so the area of effect type damage reducing it to 2s and 3s is as expected if you had the 50% immunity up initially. The Xeg-yi attacking you seems to be around the time of you bleeding out often (the log isn't far enough back to see if you were hit to bleeding out and stabilised first) so it sounds like, from those damage ticks it was applying correctly when you first entered, and that you may've lost the immunity after being beaten down past -10 HP and the game decided to set you back to a bleeding out status, though your wards would've been dispelled because of it, making you more susceptible to the negative energy damage running rampant on both creatures and weather.

But that's just my assumption, I've no way to tell for sure. Though in your picture, at the very top is a message indicating you were hit to bleeding out right then, consequent negative damage after that would likely have dealt full damage as there was a potential you were dispelled at that point due to bleeding out, or at some point earlier.

A far larger combat log set of data to determine when or why it stopped working is required.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:38:23 PM by zDark Shadowz »