You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Bugged armour / Crashing while crafting  (Read 1447 times)

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Bugged armour / Crashing while crafting
« on: March 16, 2020, 06:24:09 PM »
I edited this piece of armor to reflect the now missing hand that Tess has.  Half way through editing it kicked me out of the item edit interface.  Now it won't let me put the piece of armor back into a bag.

I get an error message saying

"That item cannot be given away"

Edit: The armor has been replaced by a DM as a temporary fix.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:25:20 PM by DM Vetala »

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
Bugged armour / Crashing while crafting
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 02:59:31 AM »
I've noticed an uptick in armours bugging out and becoming uncraftable, and character's locking up following a crash while in the crafting menu.

To help with debugging, if you have experienced this, or do experience it, please post here.

It will be helpful to know what you were doing when you crashed; what part you were modifying, which command you were using, what area you were in, that sort of thing.

Randalla

• Outlander
  • Master of Mirth
Re: Bugged armour / Crashing while crafting
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »
I was in the process of making outfits for my new character, things were going smoothly, had several outfits finished. This was in the creation lobby btw, where you pick your background, lvl up to 2, and buy gear. Then, I don't know if it was because of server lag or me browsing through the robe options too quickly. But suddenly the menu just froze. So I closed it down, exited  the game and re-joined. Then the piece of clothing I had been crafting with was still in my inventory, but now I can't customize it further, or drop it, or sell it. It is as if it's gotten stuck in a crafting loop or something.
ACTIVE:
Liudward Engelbrechts
Silviu Banin

FoogooFish

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
I've had this happen to me, and a reset / crash fixed the issue in that the bugged item disappeared from my inventory.
Player of:

Éverine Beaulieu - Portrait
Mhairi Merula Shuttleworth - Portrait

Lerian

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 10:23:04 AM »
I've noticed an uptick in armours bugging out and becoming uncraftable, and character's locking up following a crash while in the crafting menu.

To help with debugging, if you have experienced this, or do experience it, please post here.

It will be helpful to know what you were doing when you crashed; what part you were modifying, which command you were using, what area you were in, that sort of thing.

I encountered a new player in Vallaki who had that issue, he couldn't act in any way. So I downed him and healed him back up, that seemed to solve the issue for the time being.
However he didn't mention the part with the crafting menu.

diestormlie

• Undead Slayer
  • We are who we choose to be
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 09:41:40 AM »
Crosspost from https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=53973.msg648031#msg648031
As the two bugs seem to be the same or at the very least close cousins.

---

Character: Ness Bana Anstapa
Login: Diestormlie
Discord: Diestormlie#5367

Date of bug: 2020-04-04 (April 4th, 2020,) by GMT+1 reckoning, before the Server Reset on that date.

Got new armour crafted for me by Conner Cunningham (MatticusCaesar#1401,) in specific, Thick Chitin Studded Leather with Ancient Dire Crocodile Lining. Was crafting it to get the look down (in the Vallaki warehouse District, Shop II, if that matters.) I was flicking through the Neck or Arms slots in the Armour tab. Backed out and aborted, and everything looked normal (including the armour existing in my armour equipped slot/on my character model.)

When I went back into the crafting interface, the interface didn't recognise the armour as existing (Eg: Only options were weapon, shield and accessory.) Opened and closed it a few times, didn't work. Thought to try unequipping and re-equipping the armour. When I tried re-equipping the armour, it wouldn't let me. Something about ownership or not owning the item? And then, when the Server reset, despite the item existing in my inventory at the time of the reset, and loot items that I received after I received the armour persisting in my Inventory over the reset, it was not in my Inventory after the reset was over.

---

mooner

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »
I think I experienced this also. I was customizing a set of full plate armour (purchased from Petre, so I presume it's dropped or sold elsewhere - not player crafted), specifically the left thigh. Around the 90-100 range the customization cancelled and the log in chat said my character had received 'a piece of cloth'. The armour was still on my character with everything normal except from the left thigh still showing the preview of what it froze on (part 97 or something similar as opposed to 186 as it normally is). I relogged and then didn't have any armour; it is now no longer in my inventory either.

I was in the Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn on the character Câine when this happened.

ponygold

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Undead Master
  • Strafing like a wizard since 2012
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 06:35:25 PM »
I also experienced this, modifying the arms on player crafted enchanted full plate armor. When attempting to mirror left-to-right, the crafting screen seemed to freeze up and I was unable to do anything. Upon logging back in the chat window said that the item was lost.
Character:       Active: 
Arrun Correus       Yes   [No]  
Bejòr Rathenas     Yes   [No]
Jacho                 [Yes]   No     
Cerèbus Müldir     Yes   [No]

Login: softpillow         Discord: ponygold#2826

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 01:55:16 PM »
This will hopefully be fixed in the next update; not guaranteed but hopefully.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 01:46:10 PM »
This should now be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 06:11:51 PM »
Is this still happening?

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »
I would check, but the piece of armor I last had the issue on disappeared from my inventory.

No clue when that happened either.

BwpsychoName

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 10:32:36 PM »
Just happened to me this last reset.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
I've heard from 2 players now that this bug is in fact not fixed.  I've asked them both to report it but the circumstances seem very difficult to nail down.  Also I believe I lost a piece of Dezso's armor to this about a month ago, but I didn't realize it until many days later so I can't confirm.

Kinga

• 🎀𝐸𝓁𝒹𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢𝑜𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈🎀
  • The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • 𝐵𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜 𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 11:31:56 AM »
I've heard from 2 players now that this bug is in fact not fixed.  I've asked them both to report it but the circumstances seem very difficult to nail down.  Also I believe I lost a piece of Dezso's armor to this about a month ago, but I didn't realize it until many days later so I can't confirm.

I can confirm that it's not fixed. Happened to me not too long ago.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 12:02:25 PM »
I'm also getting like three or four more reports of this from people who did not report it. [strangles friends]

Wargtimmen

• Undead Master
  • And silence that speaks so much louder than words.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 12:05:37 PM »
I have lost my armor after the server reseted. Before than that I was realize I couldn't make modify appearance of my armor. There was probably an error during the modification. What can I do to get my armor back? I had an electrum gilded-steel-worg fur full plate.

Wargtimmen#0477 my discord account.